Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Making Friends & a Photo Dump

We've been in Medina almost six months now and haven't made any friends.  Honestly we've been too busy to even try.  Miles talks about 3 or 4 boys at school.  His closest friend seems to be a friend in his class named Gaige.  We met Gaige's mom & dad a few times during soccer season.  I told Miles several weeks ago that if he would learn Gaige's last name I would try to friend his mom on FB and get to know her so we could have him over some time.  He came home from school the next day and told me that instead of learning her last name, he memorized her phone number.  Gaige taught him the number during the day and Miles questionably recited it in the car on the way home.  I text the number and asked if it was Gaige's mom & she said yes!  We have text a few times and then we sat together at the Thanksgiving lunch at school last week.

I saw something on FB about the Zoo Lights at the Memphis Zoo and text Gaige's mom, Leslie, to see if they wanted to go.  They said yes & we went last night.  The boys were so excited.  I think the ride to the zoo was half the fun. 


The lights were pretty, but Miles kept asking where all the animals were.  It literally was all about the lights and a few little attractions.  Most of the animals were put away for the night.


I can't tell you how much I love Miles' silly faces {sarcasm}....thank you very much Darrin...


Travis, Leslie, and Gaige...


Riding the Merry Go Round took me back to this memory.



After the Merry Go Round and more lights, we decided to try ice skating.  I told Darrin half way through that I drew the short straw on this one.  


Trying to help Miles was like helping a baby giraffe. His legs were everywhere.


The struggle was real.  After the first time around, I asked him if he hated it. He said, "No. I almost have it." Not at all the case, but we made our way around two more times and called it quits.


We stopped by the reindeer.  Miles was sad that Rudolph was there :)


After a few more lights and a ride on the ferris wheel, we called it a night.  I think our first friend date in Medina was a success.  Lots of laughs and Miles & Gaige got along perfectly.  It's hard to put yourself out there sometimes, but it was worth it.

And now for some randomness.  Darrin & I went to school to eat Thanksgiving lunch with Miles. When they have special meals they eat a little earlier to ensure everyone has time to get through the line & eat. We showed up at the regular time and they were already eating. My heart sank as we walked down to the cafeteria. All I could think is that he thought we stood him up. When we walked in, he smiled and waved from his seat. We didn't have time to eat, but he was still happy we were there.


Our friends, Rachel & Travis, had their baby in dramatic fashion over the weekend, which meant that we got to see our good friends, Aaron & Carrie, and their sweet girls, Ansley & Anna Claire.  I've missed my friend!!!  It was so good to chat with her for a few minutes, even if it was in a freezing cold, dirty Jack in the Box. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.  


I took Miles to the dentist yesterday. I was about to say "If only adults could have a similar set up" but then I remembered that I just made a dentist appointment at a dental spa. Yes! They offer complimentary Paraffin hand treatments, warm herbal neck rolls, neck massages, hand massages, warm blankets, just to name a few.  It also said something about candles and soft music.  I can't wait!  I'll be sure to let you know how this goes.  


My sister in law and I are going to do a little Black Friday shopping tomorrow night.  Unfortunately, Miles gave me a near impossible list.


Baby brother, Wii, dog, new house (b/c he misses his friends), and video games.  Looks like video games for the win!  Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment