Pages

Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving morning started with a little Facetiming with Uncle Aaron & Jayci. 


I made my mom's stuffing recipe b/c that's my favorite Thanksgiving food. I vote stuffing over dressing every time. I made it last year and it was pretty good, but it was super dry this year. As I'm typing this, I think I figured out where I went wrong....not enough chicken broth. Better luck next year.


We drove to Darrin's cousin house for lunch.  

 
We hosted the last two years, but the move put us a little farther away from family, so we are going to rotate with her every other year. Sounds like a good plan to me.    


Miles was overwhelmed a little by the crowd. I had to force him to eat at the kid table. He wanted to eat by himself on the stairs leading to the basement :)  


Miles with Keely...the cousin closest to his age....


After dinner, there was a lot of relaxing.  A.K.A. playing on phones....


....and some swinging....



...and posing for pictures...



We also had a little meeting to plan a vacation to the beach next summer, which we have deemed "Cousins Camp".  We think there might be t-shirts involved. We discussed a cruise, but as one of the husband's pointed out, if we all died together on a cruise there wouldn't be any pallbearers. Good thought. We opted for Orange Beach, AL in June instead.  We are going to reconvene at Christmas and firm up our plans.


After a couple of hours of games & cards, we called it a day and headed home.  Crystal came home with us for a little Black Friday shopping with me.  We shopped from 9pm to 1am and then went back for more around 8am on Friday.  We had a carload to show for our efforts.  We may have started a new tradition. It was super fun.


So that was our Thanksgiving. We ate well and had fun visiting with Darrin's side of the family.  Hope your Thanksgiving was a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment