Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Weekend Wrap Up

After this first picture, which was at work on Friday celebrating National Fun Day at Work day, these pictures leave a lot to be desired. I guess they are representative of our very chill weekend.


Miles went on a church retreat. I picked him and a friend up from practice in a hurry to get to the drop off before the buses pulled out. We stopped at Marmee's house for the boys to take quick showers since it was on the way.


Miles sent a few pictures while he was gone. I told Darrin that they remind me of the pictures that Darrin takes for me when I tell him I need pictures for the blog. 




We were home all weekend since Carson was sick. I stayed up until 1am on Friday night finishing my book. Running Wild is now in my top 5 books. I loved the whole series so much, but the 4th book was by far my favorite. Very slow start, but it makes me want to reread the second half again already.

I tackled a big project....washing Miles' catchers' gear. It was a big job that we should have done a lot sooner. You don't know what you don't know and I didn't know how to take care of catchers' gear. I know now not to let it get so bad.


As I said, the pictures in this post are boring, but I had to share the end result. 



Carson felt better Saturday, but his throat still hurt. Today, he seems all better and was eating again.


Our dryer quit working yesterday, for the second time since we've had it, which is exactly why I put off buying a new one for so long. Why are new washers and dryers so poorly made these days? After a bunch of YouTube videos, a trip to the store, and several hours of work, Darrin determined the problem and ordered a part. The whole project cost $200, but it still has to be faster and cheaper than a service call. We are just hoping everything goes smoothly when the part comes in on Tuesday.


Carson wasn't happy that there wasn't much for him to help with. He finally got to help hold the flashlight and all was right in his world.


Miles' travel team had practice today and it was so good to see everyone. Their first tournament is in two weeks. There is a possibility of snow and ice this week. Maybe all this cold weather will get out of here after this week.


Darrin and I have watched football this afternoon while the boys spent time in there spaces. 



Even though we had a good amount of downtime this weekend, I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow. Ready or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment