Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Sick & A Big Change

Poor Carson is sick again. I really don't think he ever got over being sick a month ago. We sent him to school this morning because he didn't have a fever, but they called around 1pm and said he had a fever and hurt all over. It wasn't long until he was asleep on the couch. 


Darrin picked him up from school because he was at home working this afternoon. I came home at 2:30pm so Darrin could go to a dentist appointment. Carson felt terrible, but insisted on playing a game. He said it's the sickest he's ever felt. He was so pitiful that I had to make a lot of his moves for him. He bounced back a little after some medicine, but was pretty puny just before bed. Darrin is taking him to the doctor tomorrow, so we'll see what happens. 


A couple random thoughts before I go. I'm on book four of the Simple Wild series. This book was a slow start for me, but it might end of being my favorite in the series. I just discovered that it is the last in the series and I'm pretty sad about it. 


In other news...I changed from a paper planner to an app this year. This is major news! I have used my Outlook calendar and task list at work for 10+ years, but I have still been using a paper planner for our home and personal things. I changed to the Calendo app. It's really simple...I'm sure there are better options out there. I like that I can set reoccurring tasks up like "Dinner for tomorrow" which just means to set something out for the next night. I also like that they stay on there until I mark them complete, even if it's a day late. I don't write as many things as I did in my paper planner, but I'm glad about that. I just do the big things and try to have more down time, especially on weeknights after a full day of work. I have loved this change.


Just a quick update and now back to my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment