Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

TOT's Shine Day & Memorial Day

After watching Miles play so many games, it was Carson's turn to perform! He had his TOTs performance over the weekend. He was really excited to get a trophy. He has carried it around all weekend.


TOTs comes to his school once a week. They learn basketball skills while learning other things, like counting, shapes, etc. Here, they are holding up their right hand. They wear a wrist band on their right hand to help them learn right from left.


Their program was 30 minutes. He did much better than his first performance two years ago. It's a good thing b/c big brother was not going to be happy if he didn't bring his A game this time. He was not impressed last time :)


A lot of Carson's friends couldn't come since it was a holiday weekend, but he was happy to be with his good buddy, Knox.



He had a full cheering section with Marmee...


And Granny and Pa.


It was fun to be able to do something focused on Carson. 


In other weekend news, we bought some flowers and plants. 


I decided to mix things up a bit this year and hope for the best.


I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on here before now, but we are getting a pool this summer. It should be installed any day now. I'm happy to have this work done so the pool area will be pretty and ready to be enjoyed for the rest of the summer!


We are very anxious for the pool to be installed, but really I think it will be perfect timing. Baseball season is coming to an end soon and the weather has been too cold to swim anyway. The pandemic was not fun, but I did learn a little about downtime. and I plan to spend a lot of downtime around the pool for the rest of the summer.


Carson was so happy to play with a friend's dog over the weekend. I can't handle the responsibility of an animal, so I'm glad for him to get his fix with someone else's dog.


Yesterday, we had a yard full of kids all afternoon. Since we live in a small neighborhood with spaced out lots, we don't have this often. The boys played their hearts out. 


They eventually came inside tired, hungry, and dirty. It was the mark of a good day.


We enjoyed some yummy food this weekend including perfect strawberries and homemade salsa.


Marmee spent the afternoon with us too. This was taken just before Carson reached his limit, sat down right inside the door, and started crying b/c he was hungry. 


Darrin took the boys fishing over the weekend and Carson caught his first fish all by himself. He went on to catch three more. 


Miles only caught one all day. He told me when he got home that he had more fun watching Carson catch his fish. He's such a good big brother. 

Obviously it's been a while since I blogged. Just like everyone, my life is busy. It's hard to take the time to sit down and blog when I usually don't stop for the day until between 9-10pm. With that said, I really enjoy blogging and I love being able to look back. I feel very obligated to Carson to share stories and document the things he says and does, b/c I did it for Miles. I'm going to try to jump on here more often and share a quick story or thought. I've been off work since last Thursday, but back I go tomorrow. It's been a good weekend and a great break with fun and lots of downtime. Hope to be back here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment