Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Carson's First TOTs Performance

Carson had his first TOTs performance this week. TOT stands for Teams of Tomorrow. They come to Carson's daycare once a week and practice basketball while they learn things too. I had actually decided to forgo the extra expense each month, but his teacher said that he was sad that he didn't get to go with his friends, so I signed him up the next week. I honestly didn't think he would even notice that he was missing out. On the drive to the performance, we were all asking him questions about what he was going to do. He said, "I going to dribble, dribble, dribble, shoot, shoot". When we told him that we couldn't wait to watch him, he said, "Ok, I gonna be so funny about that." :)


They have a couple performances during half time of high school basketball games at local schools. He was giddy and nervous before the show, but happy to see his friends.


Carson and Tucker are big buddies.


This is the most genuine face of nervous excitement as the performance was about to start!


Carson was front and center and I don't think he knew what to do with all those eyes on him. So, he turned and faced the back of the gym for 90% of the performance!


I'm sure he knew what to do, but he was really nervous and couldn't seem to get in sync with everyone. 


So, he basically did his own thing the entire time. 


Miles and I were sitting on the floor right in front of him so we could take pictures. Miles told him to turn around a couple of times, but he just shook his head no. I don't think we were the problem, but next time we'll keep our distance and see if that helps him.


They had to stand on a certain color dot. By the end of the performance he had scooted his dot completely out of line (his dot was the only dot that moved) and he was basically in the row behind him.


On the way there, Miles said he was so nervous for Carson that his stomach was hurting. At that point, Carson wasn't nervous at all, so there was no need to worry for him. Miles is very shy in those types of situations that he couldn't imagine how Carson wasn't nervous. He never came out and said it, but I think Miles was a little disappointed that Carson didn't perform better :)


We had such a fun time watching Carson and his friends. Sometimes I can be a scrooge about all the times that keep us so busy that is steals my joy. This was such a fun time watching Carson though. We do so much that centers around Miles, so I was happy that we were all there for Carson this time. I will be excited to watch him again and see how he learns and grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment