Pages

Monday, January 20, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up

My weekend is just now wrapping up since today was a holiday. Friday started with 'Titan Up' day at work and school.



Even though our team fell short on Sunday, it was such an exciting season for us.



Friday night, we played more Memory where Carson beat me fair and square. My brain doesn't work in the random way he throws the cards down. I tried to line them up in rows the first few times, but he's not about that.



Miles got in his fair share of electronics over the weekend. Since it was so cold outside for most of the weekend, I gave him some extra time.



We had a baseball party on Friday night. We have a couple new players so it was a good time to get together and meet the new kids and parents. We are excited about the upcoming season and spending  time with our friends. It's a rat race, but we do enjoy (most of) it. 



For now, we are still in basketball season. In all, Miles had four games this weekend. Basketball days are much shorter than baseball, which is so nice. 



Carson was up late on Friday night and that translated to a rough day on Saturday. Between games, we went for a walk. I tried to help him stretch his legs and get some fresh air. 



It wasn't enough to beat his exhaustion and that last game was rough for both of us. Thankfully basketball is quick and we were out of there fast.



I left Miles with a friend in case they had another game depending on their seeding. Carson was very unhappy the entire way home. He was hot and suddenly didn't like his shirt.



I pulled over and took off his shirt which helped for a little while.



He wanted to take a bath as soon as we got home and then he was fine. Even though he never took a nap, he was just happy to be home to play with his toys and watch TV. 



Darrin was out of town all weekend. He's on his way home now! The only fun thing about this is having the boys sleep with me....a standing rule when dad's out of town. Sometimes Carson is a good bed partner and sometimes he's not. He hasn't been good for the last three nights, so I'm ready for a great night sleep tonight. They are going back to their beds tonight!



Carson talked to Marmee on the phone this weekend. Her plans changed and she couldn't come up, so they had a chat. He's finally speaks clearly enough to carry on a good conversation over the phone. It's really cute to watch him.



On Sunday, we made it to church and then back to the gym for more basketball. I did a better job of new things to play with. Playdough in Tupperware was a big hit with several kids.



We also left the gym during the break to get something to eat and a change of scenery. The break seemed to help him.



We went to Zaxby's so we could watch some of the Titans' game. Carson got his thumb stuck in his cup. We had to take a plastic knife and push one side back to get it out. I'm amazed we dodged any cuts.



His team showed so much improvement this weekend. 




They went 2-2 for the weekend and finished in 2nd place. We were so proud of them!



I had several plans for today, but we woke up to no heat on the boys' side of the house. It was 60 degrees and freezing. I spent all.day.long. dealing with it. After waiting all day for an HVAC repairman to show up, I discovered late in the afternoon that the gas hot water heater and the gas stove weren't working either, which lead us to the gas line. I tried to call the gas company, but the dispatcher said they were closed today and I would have to call tomorrow. In the end, the HVAC guy was able to get the gas company to come and get everything working within minutes. The day was extremely frustrating, but it only cost us $69. I went from thinking that we needed a new unit to less than $100. I repeat, the day was beyond frustrating, especially since Darrin was gone and I had to deal with it, but it could have ended so much worse. If the HVAC guy hadn't been here to call the gas company we would have been without heat, hot water, or a stove until sometime tomorrow. I'm pouting a little that my day off was wasted, but I'll get over it. Back to work tomorrow. At least it's a four day week.

No comments:

Post a Comment