Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday night, we made plans to take the boys to a local pizza place that has a little arcade. The pizza place is extremely questionable, but the boys think it's the greatest, so Darrin and I decided to take one for the team. However, when we pulled up, it was completely dark and you could tell the inside was under construction. We don't know if it's closed or being remodeled. Sadly, either way would be no surprise. 

We had to come up with plan B, which was go to Walmart and let them pick out snacks and then go home for a Nerf war. I knew the Nerf war would be a huge hit with Miles. 


We stopped at Taco Bell to eat on the way home.


It was well after 7pm when we got our food and Carson was over it. Going somewhere on a Friday night, after a long week of daycare, and then not eating until much later than usual was not a good look for Carson. He refused to look for the picture.


Hangry.


He perked up a little after some food.


They both loved the Nerf gun war. We stood up action figures on the Bat Cave and then took turns trying to knock them down. Carson has been obsessed with the Bat Cave ever since. Never mind all the toys he got for Christmas. This is just a hand me down from Miles.





Miles had two basketball games on Saturday. They were in the middle of the day, so Carson fell asleep on the way there. He kept saying, "I so tired." I thought he would be unruly when he woke up, but he was actually very well behaved at the games. Darrin had to leave during the middle of the first game, but he slipped out and Carson did okay with that.


Miles' team won both of their games! They did so well and actually implemented some of the things I saw them work on in practice last week.


Those are the first two games they have won all year, so they were really excited. 


This isn't his whole team, just the ones that were walking by.


I love watching him play basketball. I have never been a big basketball fan, but I secretly hope it is the sport that he loves more than any other. I enjoy watching him play and I also enjoy that the games are indoor, much shorter than baseball, and there are no weather delays or cancellations. 


I was more prepared this weekend and Carson did great. He's surprisingly easy to contain at basketball games. I think he's growing up a little too.


Having some snacks and candy on hand doesn't hurt.


Sweaty, red faced boys after two aggressive, competitive games.


Saturday night, two of Miles' friends and their moms came over to watch the Titans' game. I didn't have much hope for a win, so it was very exciting when they won. 


Darrin was out of town, so the boys ran wild and we just talked and ate snacks in our comfy clothes. It was an entertaining, but chill night.


We had a first this weekend. Miles went into Walmart, found two things that I needed, used the self check out, and paid with my debit card all by himself! He was so proud when he came out. He said that it was fun. I backed into a parking spot and watched the exit until I saw him come out. It's a little nerve racking to let go of the reins a little, but little by little we are helping him grow up and learn new things. 


Darrin got home on Sunday afternoon in time for all of us to go to small group and then come home for a riveting game of Memory that Carson got for Christmas. Carson didn't focus for the entire game, but he surprised me a few times with some deliberate matches. He shows glimpses of his mind developing and learning. In my opinion, it's often impressive for his age.


My computer died this weekend. I had the majority of my pictures and files backed up, but I also lost a lot. Thankfully, I have a lot of pictures on here and Faceook. We bought the computer three years ago and it's always been a problem. After watching some YouTube videos, I was able to determine that I had a pretty big problem on my hands. Darrin took it to a computer store today and they confirmed that it was dead and would need a new hard drive. I'm blogging on my work computer tonight, but I think the computer store will have my computer back to me as soon as tomorrow. I hated to invest any money in it, but it was still cheaper than a new computer. Hopefully, it will work even better when I get it back and I can blog on it again tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment