Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Weekend Wrap Up

Seven things from our weekend and beyond. 

1) Darrin bought me a new sweatshirt that is highly appropriate. "Literally Freezing" which is me 99% of the time.


2) Carson had Prince Charming Day at school. That is interpreted different ways by different parents. I just take it to mean that he's all dressed up. 


I bought his whole outfit, including the shoes, at a consignment store last month for $9.59. I really never dreamed that we would be able to convince him to wear it, but I wanted to be prepared. We talked about it a LOT and I guess the stars aligned, because there was no resistance. Even after he was fully ready Darrin said that wanted to hurry and get in the truck and leave before he changed his mind. That's what it's like living with Carson.


He seemed to have a good day even though you never really get details from him. He had spaghetti sauce all over his shirt, his hair was a mess, and he had changed into his tennis shoes. He certainly looked like he had fun.


3) Miles had a get together with his baseball team last night. They went to his coach's house for pizza and then went to the local high school basketball tournament game.


The boys were excited to watch one of the seniors, who helps run their baseball practices sometimes. 


4) We celebrated Marmee's birthday recently. We were a little late due to the snow. The ice cream cake has been in our freezer for a while and the boys were very excited to actually get to eat it.


I'm sure Marmee was excited to play Candyland for her birthday :)


5) Baseball is back! Practices are back and their first tournament is next weekend!


I am so excited to watch these boys play and hang out with my friends!!! I'm ready for warmer weather, but I'm afraid we still have a little time for that.


6) I looked at Carson the other day and could tell he had grown, so Miles and I measured him (pic compliments of Carson). He has grown 1.5 inches in seven months! I knew he looked taller.


7) While Miles was at the baseball party last night, Carson went to hang out with Marmee, and Darrin and I had a date night. I think everyone involved had the best time! Our date night was much needed and much appreciated. 

Time for another work week. The weekends go by too quickly. But...Darrin's team has a game this week, the first one in over 450 days due to the pandemic. We are so excited to watch them play and see what his team can accomplish. We have high hopes for a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment