Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

5 Things

5 random things for tonight b/c I'm trying to do a better job of blogging about everyday life We have so many stories from when Miles was little and I want Carson to have the same one day. 

1) Carson randomly fell head first off a chair in his room. He landed in a small spot between the chair and the dresser. This was at bed time so I was in his room, but had my back to him. I could tell from his cry that he was either hurt or really scared. I lifted him out and hugged him on the chair to try to calm him. Then, I realized his head was bleeding pretty significantly. I carried him to the kitchen so Darrin and I could assess the situation. By this point it was dripping blood in his hair and down his head. I warned Darrin not to freak out as I was walking in the kitchen. He would probably not admit this, but he is definitely the one to freak out between the two of us. After getting him cleaned up, we could tell that it wasn't as bad as it looked. It was just two little cuts. They were deeper than a scratch, but they weren't gashes or anything. We gave him two Motrin and an ice pack and took him back to bed.



He ended coming back out after a little while, but just crawled up on the couch and went to sleep by himself while we worked in the kitchen. I've said it many times before...this kid is tough as nails. He let us clean his head without any trouble and calmed down so quickly. Night and day from what we would have endured if it was his brother :) Miles got out of bed to check on him while we were cleaning him up. I told him not to come in there b/c there was blood and it would freak him out. He burst into tears and insisted on seeing him. He handled himself well and showed great love and concern for Carson. It was really sweet.


2) I finished the trees on my front porch last night. Last year, the trees were in small pots and blew over constantly even though we tried to put sand in them to weigh them down. This year I decided to put them in the bigger planters that I use in the summer and added some greenery. This is the plain tree in the bigger planter. 


The picture is pretty dark, but I added the stuff at the base and the red berries to the tree. I think it still needs some greenery with flocking. That's my next addition. I really like how they turned out.



I spent $50 on the greenery, which is a little more than I wanted to spend, but I'll have it for future years. I thought I was buying extra and that I would hopefully be able to return some of it, but I ended up needing all of it. I was so glad that I had it and didn't run short.



3) So....Carson comes to our bed every night, usually between 1-3am, give or take. It's a really bad habit, but in the end I don't think it really bothers either of us. I stand firm on the fact that I am much more passionate about him going to sleep well at bedtime, in his own bed, which he does almost every night. I will 100% fight that battle b/c I enjoy my time between when the kids go to bed and when I go to bed. Him crawling into bed with us at 3am doesn't disrupt me usually. There are occasional nights that he tosses and turns, but usually he's a decent bed partner. The one problem is that he brings so many stuffed animals with him. I don't know how he carries all of this. It seems that the amount grows every night. It used to be two things, then three, but last night he brought seven things. We told him repeatedly before bed tonight that he could only bring two things tonight. We'll see how that goes.



4) Miles' math teacher is amazing. She surprised them with Doctor Division yesterday. She set the classroom up as operating room and they worked in surgery teams. 



I don't know exactly what they had to do, but it was obviously division related. 



They all had their own medical charts which contained their work. She labeled each folder with "Chief of Surgery" and their names. 



She asked parents for donations of gowns, masks, gloves and hats, and had them within minutes.



Miles said it was very fun and he loved the group he was in. He said his group is what made it so much fun. I am so thankful for teachers that go above and beyond, and when they remember that they are kids and it's okay to have fun while learning. A+ to Miles' teachers this year.



5) This is the funniest thing I saw on Facebook today :) I don't know why, but it tickled me.

Well, it's 10:45pm and I've had zero downtime. We are having the volleyball team over tomorrow night for Christmas dinner so Darrin and I cooked all night. I don't mind, but I am wearing down. I enjoy having people over and I enjoy the time that Darrin and I spend together while preparing. For my sanity, I must have a little 'me' time before bed, so I'm going to watch TV for a while and then call it a night. I stayed up until 1:30am last night, so 11:30pm shouldn't be too bad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment