Pages

Monday, December 16, 2019

All About Carson

I feel like Miles has years and years of consistent blogging to read one day when he is older. Carson has the typical second child amount. It's just a lot more hectic with two. I still love to write and he gives me plenty of content, but it's hard to find the time. I thought it would be fun to write an update on all things Carson. 

He likes to play with Miles' toys. If he ever disappears, he's usually playing in Miles' room. He likes all of his dress up stuff...masks, gloves, swords, costumes, etc. He also LOVES his nerf guns. It's kind of a pain b/c he can't operate any of the guns without help. So far, Miles isn't bothered by him playing in his room at all even though Miles usually isn't even in there. I wonder how much longer that can last.


He is very particular about his clothes. Unlike Miles who will wear anything that is set out for him, Carson has a strong opinion. He doesn't like anything up around his neck. He doesn't like jeans. He wore some stripped pants the other day and he didn't like them at all for some reason. He can't stand tags and wants every single one of them cut out. He pretty much likes comfortable shirts and pants. Everything else is strongly protested.


He loves to work outside. He needs some time outside almost every day to keep him happy.


He is 100% okay staying with people he doesn't know and 100% not okay staying with people he doesn't know. He stayed with Uncle Steve, Aunt Crystal, Olivia, and Ava recently and loved every minute of it. I don't even try to leave him with anyone other than family anymore. It's too hard on him and them.


I love his big, brown eyes. His hair is a little less crazy these days. I let it grow out a little more and that has helped. He has a double crown in the back that makes it kind of challenging. I'm learning how to make it look a little better!


It's clear he loves Miles, but he's not nearly as affectionate and loving towards Miles as Miles is towards him. He pretty much gives all his attention to one person at a time. He either loves Darrin, Miles, or me, and only wants one of us to do everything for him, but never all of us at the same time.


The other day he was carrying two rolls of wrapping paper out of Walmart. When I asked him not to drag them on the ground, he said, "No, I just doing like Granny" b/c of her cane. He is communicating so much better these days, but his sentence structure and grammar needs lots of work. It's tempting to not correct him b/c it's so cute, but I told Darrin that we are going to have to start or he was never going to learn.


These are his boys! He loves his friends at daycare. He is so excited to go everyday and runs to play with them when he gets there. 


His eating is getting better. He was so picky and ate very little at home until recently. I think he's a good eater at daycare, but not for us. Lately he's been eating healthier foods with us and sitting at the table during the whole meal. I know that sounds like a no brainer, but it was too much of a struggle for a while. I remember that Miles wasn't great until three-ish, so I let it go with Carson more hoping it would get a little better as he go older and it has. We eat Panda Express a lot around here, so he needs to learn to like it. Tonight when I came home from work, he said, "Mom, you got Panda?" I didn't, but that's how much we eat it.


We don't go inside Walmart much b/c of online ordering (the best thing ever), but he loves it when we do. He notices everything and talks nonstop while we are shopping.


He's a pretty good sleeper, but still gets in our bed every night. We've been too tired to correct him and I'm not sure when that will change. Truth be told, I think both of us like when he comes in there. 


And finally, he is the sweetest kid I have ever seen. He is sincerely thankful for everything that is given to him. He never has to be told to say thank you. I brought home some new pull ups the other night and he said, "Those for me, mama?" When I told him yes, he said "thank you mama, thank you mama" and hugged me. Every time I put a new present under the tree he tells me thank you. Whether we give him food, get him dressed, fill his cup with milk, or buy him something, he tells us thank you every time. Our neighbors gave him a $5 McDonalds gift card (Miles too) b/c Darrin rides them around on the 4-wheeler every trash day and takes all the trash cans back from the road (we all have long drive ways). He was so happy with his gift card!


I have never seen a more grateful child. His behavior is still very difficult at times. He gets mad and throws fits when he doesn't get his way. Riding in the car has gotten better, but can still be tough. In spite of all that, he has a huge smile and radiates happiness (when he's not made or frustrated about something). There is no question that he is a challenge, but he is an absolute joy to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment