Pages

Monday, September 16, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

This picture is actually from last Thursday after his ENT appointment. We got a pass for six months. He said his ears look healthy and the tubes shouldn't be causing the ear infections. After talking with him, I think it's from the swimming this summer. Hopefully he will be fine now that they are healthy. Once again, he loved the doctor's visit.


Carson was very excited about Marmee coming. He was looking out every window while we were waiting for her to arrive. 


The boys received birthday presents in the mail from Uncle Jeff, Aunt Jeree, and his cousins, Ben & Anna. Carson got a PlayMobil helicopter that Miles helped him put together and some sticker books that came in handy at the above mentioned ENT appointment. 


Miles got a holder for his arrows and a book. The gifts were perfect and both boys were very happy.


On Friday night, Miles went to a friend's birthday party at a video game place called E-Gamers CafĂ©. 


The place was pretty cool. Miles had "THE BEST TIME EVER." The birthday boy's mom is a friend. I asked her if she needed me to set up a Go Fund Me account since 22 kids showed up and you pay per kid. I guess when you have the coolest party ever everyone shows up.


Miles had games on Saturday and Sunday. The weather was beautiful on Saturday morning, but then it got hot.


The tournament was a fundraiser so they had several extras. Carson had a great time on the jumpies. 


He was really good until the very end on Sunday, which was somewhat understandable. I ended up carrying him out surfboard style and almost fell over when I finally made it to the car. He fought me so hard.


Marmee came to watch the first game and then had to leave. Sadly this is the only Marmee pic from our weekend. I need to take more pics with people other than just Miles and Carson.


Carson was sad they didn't have popsicles. Italian Ice for the win.


They tasted like dish soap, but the boys seemed okay with it for some reason.


He used his spoon at first and then said, "I lick it." And so he did. The rest of his body was covered in dirt, so this was no big deal.


Miles' team is in a bit of a slump. They lost all three games this weekend. The last game was a tough loss that came in the bottom of the last inning. 


Miles was excited at the chance to pitch on Saturday.


Carson had a few rough moments over the weekend.


I still have no idea what was wrong during this episode. I don't always take pics of him when he's losing his mind, but I wanted Darrin to see what was going down while he was away. I started to think he was feeling bad b/c nothing I offered helped. I finally gave him a Motrin and that helped calm him. 


Darrin had a preseason tournament in Oklahoma. They went 2-2, but had some really good games. He has one more week of preseason and then conference starts. We are so excited to see how this season goes. 


More baseball on Sunday. Darrin and I were going to take turns staying home with Carson, but we decided to take him to the afternoon game. I am so glad that we did. He had the best time playing in the dirt. If we would have been home, I'm sure we would have been inside b/c it was so hot. We were forced to be outside at the game and he loved it.


Miles is catching in the picture. He doesn't say much about how he feels about any positions other than pitching. I think he tolerates catching. He does a pretty good job at it. I think he's smart for his pitcher and hopefully makes him better. 


Sometimes baseball feels like too much...too much travel, money, time, pressure, stress, etc....but then I see pics like these two and I love the fun he's having, the teamwork, and the lessons. 



It was a fun weekend, but busy as always. We also had meal prep, laundry, and other things. I felt terrible at work all day. I had a headache and was drained. Sometimes I think the busyness and stress of life just catches up with you. My plan is to go to bed as soon as I hit publish so I can get at least 7 hours of sleep. Here's hoping I feel better tomorrow. I have a busy day at work and then I get to watch Darrin's team play at home! Go UU!

No comments:

Post a Comment