Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

I couldn't get my pictures to upload last week, so I thought I would photo dump everything from my phone tonight. Darrin had his first home game last Tuesday. We are so excited and hopeful for this season. 


They had a battle on their hands, but won in five sets. I paid a babysitter and even though she ended up having to stay an hour longer than I expected, I'm so glad I was there to see the win. Carson, on the other hand, was not happy at all about the babysitter. He freaked out on her for the first 30 minutes, but then he was fine. She said that he told her "I'm glad you stayed" somewhere during the night.


Miles and I came home after the game and Darrin had to stay for a little while. Miles wrote Darrin a note. Miles was so proud of him. He has fallen in love with volleyball and he's as excited as we are about the season. The note mentions the team's four core values for the year, faith, family, grit, and gratitude. I told Miles that he was going to make Dad cry, and it most definitely choked him up.


Carson had a helicopter at school last week. To date, this is his favorite thing they've ever done. He keeps telling us about the BIG helicopter and wants to see pictures of it over and over.


Darrin hosted a home tournament this weekend, so Aunt Crystal and Uncle Steve drove down to watch a game. I actually stayed home with the boys and Granny during the Friday night game b/c Carson wasn't cooperating, so Crystal drove by quickly to see us.


She loves her nephews and they love her. Carson says "Kisstal".


Carson went right to both of them and gave them a hug. That doesn't always happen, so it's obvious he's comfortable with them. They have animals at their house, so there's that. He loves going there.


We had one game on Saturday. Miles loves to sit on the bench. I think that is what has made him become so interested. He says that it feels like you are in it when you sit on the bench. 


Darrin is so gracious towards him. This was between sets. I asked Miles what he was telling Darrin and he said that he was just telling him good job. Darrin and I have both mellowed over the years. We often point it out when we see it in each other. This is an example of how he's changed. Early on, he never would have allowed Miles to be down there and especially not talk to him.


Pa and Granny stayed with us on Friday night. Once again I managed to not take any pictures. Pa took Miles fishing before anyone woke up. Pa and Granny got him a new fishing pole for his birthday and he's been wanting to try it. He was so excited. He was also excited that you could see his arm muscles :) He's been doing 20 sit ups and 10 push ups several days a week to try to develop some muscle tone. He's trying to build up to more, but that's all he could do at first. I told him that I used to do hundreds of sit ups and push ups a week when I was his age b/c I did competitive gymnastics. I think developing muscle tone that early in life has made working out a little easier for me other the years, so he's bought into my theory and is giving it a try. He has a calendar and is marking off the days.


We got to have some lazy Saturday time before the game. Carson ended up falling asleep and Granny stayed home with him while Miles and I went to the game. It was so nice to be able to go and watch without having to take him.


I always tell Darrin that he has a resting frown face. It's easy to think he's unhappy or in a bad mood. I saved a screen shot of his post game interview to prove my point. This was after a good win and he was happy. I rest my case. 


Today was church and a million things around the house. I would have loved to rest, but I can't go into a week unprepared and therefore unorganized. 


This week we have parent/teacher conferences for both kids, volleyball games, baseball, and work to name a few things. It's Darrin's birthday week too! Time to chill before an early bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment