Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

Just a quick recap tonight b/c baseball is upon us and that means we are all ready to fall out when Sunday night rolls around. Darrin had a scrimmage out of town yesterday, so that meant I was solo with the boys. 


Miles had two games, relatively close together, and in the middle of the day, so I thought Carson would be okay. It was much cooler than I expected, but the cold doesn't bother him, so he was fine with it. 



I loaded up with snacks and toys. He ate most of the snacks during the first game. Between games, when Miles came to get something to eat, he was not happy with all that Carson had eaten. He said, "Carson had a FEAST!" Indeed he did. I was not about rules yesterday. I was about survival.


Brothers that floss together, stay together??


Two games and two wins on Saturday!



I really couldn't have asked for Carson to be any better. He was good on the car ride there. He played and remained cooperative most of the day. Then, he slept most of the way home. It doesn't get better than that.


I totally underestimated the sun yesterday, b/c it was so chilly. I'm sure that happens the first sunny, but cold, weekend every year.


After we got home and showered, we watched a little TV. Carson actually laid his head on Miles. Miles soaked it up.


We all went to church this morning before Darrin and Miles headed back to Mississippi for day 2 of the baseball tournament. Most of the team opted to drive back and both rather than stay b/c we finished at a decent time yesterday and didn't play early this morning. It was an hour and forty-five minute drive one way, so lots of car time. Darrin also had to drive 8+ hours round trip for his scrimmage yesterday, so he is exhausted. This is the best picture I could get of Carson this morning b/c he was fixated on his snack :)


One of the moms had green eye black for the boys today. I thought that was pretty cute for St. Patrick's Day. 



Their green brought them luck in the first game, but came up a little short in the championship game. Runner Up in the Shamrock Classic. 


I hated to miss today, but I didn't want Carson to have to spend that much time in the car two days in a row. I asked him last night if he wanted to watch baseball again or stay home with mom and he said, "stay home with momma". I was happy to spend the day with him. He took a three hour nap which allowed me to meal prep for the week and do laundry. Ready for the busy week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment