Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

I got home from a work trip on Friday. Darrin had to stay home with Carson on Friday b/c he had a little case of pink eye and a cough. I was gone for three days. Darrin managed to do all the laundry, get our taxes, pick up and put away a huge grocery order, and take care of Carson. He's so good at the dad and husband thing.


Saturday, Miles had his first tournament of the year. It was supposed to be a two day tournament, but b/c of the rainy/snowy forecast for Sunday, they made it a one day tournament. 


The boys looked sharp in their new uniforms.


It was pretty cold all day, but especially when we got there at 8am and then the last game of the night. We had several portable heaters, but the boys were so cold, so we sent them to the dug out to at least keep their hands warm. 


The boys moved around a lot since it was the first tournament of the year. Miles usually always plays on the left side of the field. He played third a lot.


He pitched a couple innings. 


He got us out of a jam once and walked in the dug out after the inning saying, "that was fun!" 



He got on base with a couple walks and one hit. 



  
He also played catcher, left field, and short stop.



Nothing reminds you they are little boys as much as when a coach or umpire has to tie their shoes :) He couldn't tie them with his batting gloves on. This was a coach from the other team. 


The boys made it to the championship game, so that meant it was a long day with several food breaks.


I love hanging out with these people. We have a group that always sits by the plate and a group that sits along in the outfield. 


I hang with the home plate group, but I strategically position myself away from the dug out. I do better when I am oblivious about what's going on between the players and coaches. A momma will always think the coaches are too hard on her kid and I'd say that 9 times out of 10 the kid is just fine. So, ignorance is bliss. I just hang out with my friends and have a good time.


We survived in sleeping bags. This the perfect answer for sitting outside in the cold. I was fine as long as I was in my sleeping bag. It literally blocks all the cold and wind.


The boys came up a lot short and finished as runner up. 


They had fun and hopefully worked out some kinks since it was the opening weekend.


My mom stayed home with Carson all day while Darrin was recruiting in Nashville. I enjoyed my time with Miles. 


He took this picture on the way home so he could send it to Darrin. The kid loves some hardware. After playing in such cold weather all day, I think he was just fine with second place.


Carson was fine all day yesterday, but starting running a low fever a couple hours after he woke up. He climbed up on the couch and went to sleep on his own.


Big brother was concerned about him when he woke up.


I didn't give him and medicine, so the fever could fight the infection and so we could see what we were dealing with. After a two hour nap, he woke up fever free and has been fine ever since. 

  
We had to say goodbye to Marmee. Carson hated to see her go, but didn't cry which I know she was happy about. 


I was so thankful for her help. I wouldn't have been able to go to Miles' tournament if she didn't come b/c it was just too cold for Carson. I saw some little kids at the ball field, but I can't imagine making him come or having to deal with him.


The boys watched some TV together....


...and then both took long naps. This is the second weekend in a row that Miles has taken a nap. Not surprising after his long, cold day yesterday.


Our weekends are always busy, but they are about to be extra busy b/c of baseball. I'm ready for it, but I would definitely go for some warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment