Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up & 9 Going on 49

First, a few pics from the weekend. I went to my mom's to help around her house while the guys stayed home. Carson bossed Darrin around by telling him "daddy sit back" while they watched TV.


The tooth fairy came while I was gone. Miles was concerned that she wouldn't be able to get up on his bed, but I assured him that she could fly.


Miles had a basketball game.


Darrin said Carson was perfect. Carson didn't sleep well on Friday night for the third night in a row. He ended up taking a quick nap before the game, so I guess that helped with his mood and behavior.


Miles' team won 34-31.


Darrin was updating me during the game. They were way up and then down during the game, so he was very excited about the win. He passed the ball to Mason at the end for an assist and he was really happy about that.


They made it to church on Sunday looking cute, with no wardrobe assistance from me.


And now, two reasons Miles is 9 going on 49. My mom gave me a pamphlet about garden seeds. As soon as I got home, Miles looked through every page of the pamphlet making suggestions about what we are going to plant. We have decided on, but not limited to, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, red, yellow, orange, and green peppers, corn, and maybe strawberries. We are not going to plant watermelon or lettuce this year. After looking at the seeds, he did a lot of research on Amazon about row makers for the garden. He read the reviews and added his choice to the cart. Darrin has to look at it, but I hope it's the one we choose. He would be so excited if we took his recommendation.


And the second reason he's 9 going on 49, he was so happy that we bought him a pill case for his vitamins. Darrin and I each have one b/c we both take a lot of supplements. The boys are up to four supplements a day, so I thought it would be helpful. They take vitamin C, a multivitamin, Elderberry, and a probiotic. For the record, I think it makes a huge difference in keeping them healthy. It's obviously not magic, but we made it through both holidays with no sickness while the flu, strep, and mono were running rampant through school and daycare. Everything arrived at home today. Miles filled his immediately and decided to keep it on the shelf over his bed so he will remember to take them every morning. Who knew he's always wanted his own pill case?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment