Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

Here are all the pics from our weekend in no particular order. Marmee came for a visit! Miles rediscovered Legos. He does this every now and then, usually in the winter. Carson really enjoyed them too.


When I told Carson that Marmee was coming, he said "cars...sit" and pointed to the floor, meaning Marmee needs to sit on the floor and play cars with him. She, of course, did just that.


Granny & Pa came on Saturday for Miles' third birthday celebration. This is Carson's idea of heaven.


Miles had a baseball scrimmage today. It was fun to watch him and spend time with our baseball family. Carson enjoyed some much needed time outside. I've been depriving him b/c it's been so hot lately. 


I'm doing a bible study at church called "For Women Only". We are only two weeks in and I already highly recommend. It's very enlightening about men and what they need in a relationship. We were given hair ties to wear on our wrists to remind us to speak kindly and respectfully to the men in our lives.


Just another day, just another fit. Temper. That is all.


Marmee made cupcakes with homemade icing for Miles' birthday. Carson approved.


Miles got binoculars and a compass for his birthday. Both were big hits.


Darrin was gone a lot this weekend for volleyball. I love these kids, but can we just say the days are long and the years are short, and everyone said Amen.


These are some pretty special grandparents. Miles and Carson love them so much. 


This is Miles' cool face b/c he got some cash for his birthday. The grandparents really hooked him up, as usual.


Marmee learned to drive the 4-wheeler! We are going to make a country girl out of her yet. 


It was a good day for baseball. We are loving the transition to kid pitch. Miles walked, popped out, and hit a solid grounder to get on first. It's going to take some time to adjust, but he is really enjoying it. 


I took a pic of this supplement to send to Darrin so he could pick some up for me and so I thought I would include it. If you are looking for something natural to help take the edge off your mood, this may help. I take one in the morning and one at night. I can't tell when I take it but I can tell when I don't, if that makes sense. I must confess that I take a few other things to help, but this definitely factors into the equation.


Carson loves reading books. He brought this to Granny and climbed up in her lap. He reads books every night before bed.


Darrin and I had a date night! It's been months, maybe even 6+ months since we went out. A lot of times we are just lazy and like to stay home, but we asked my mom if she would watch the kids while we went to dinner and some shopping. On the way home, I told Darrin that I was recharged and ready to parent our children again. 


Carson loves our baseball family too. They are definitely my village that helps especially when Darrin isn't there.


I took his big wheel to the game today and he logged several laps. Other kids enjoyed it too. He was very good today. He stayed occupied with the other kids and the toys that I had brought for him.


Love watching my boy doing something that he enjoys. It's a lot of work to get him to and from practices and drag Carson to the field, but as long as he wants to play, we will do our part to make it happen. I like to see him being active and dedicating himself to something. He's a good teammate too, and that's really nice to see. 


Darrin's games and travel season starts this week and so does Miles' fall tournaments. It's about to get busy up in here. One day at time is what is going to get me through. Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment