Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Happy 9th Birthday, Miles!

The day started with strawberry donuts or "no nuts" as Carson calls them. 


Darrin went and got them before anyone was awake. He came back to our room to get ready for work. Miles woke up and ate 3 donuts before we even knew he was awake. His birthday donut for the candles has a bite missing. It would have been gone if we were 30 seconds later.


He was completely dressed for the day even though he wasn't going to school due to an ear infection and therefore a doctor's appointment. I asked why he was already dressed and he just shrugged like, "why wouldn't I be?" One of the many reasons I say he's like an adult. After donuts, he opened a few presents from us. His big present was the golf clubs we bought a month ago, but I felt like he needed something to open on his actual birthday. 


He got a fitness tracker watch for kids and a virtual remote control truck. The remote control truck is pretty cool. It functions with a smart phone. He was laying on my bed driving the car around the house. Any guesses on which one I picked out and which one Darrin picked out???


Then, it was off to Dr. Amy to see about his ear. The school nurse called me late yesterday afternoon saying he was complaining about his right ear and that it was red. He was in quite a bit of pain last night. He was laying on me at Darrin's scrimmage. I knew he was in pretty rough shape. The doctor took an x-ray of his sinuses b/c he's had congestion for a while. They were pretty infected along with his ear. She said his sinuses are what infected his ear. I'm glad we went. I don't think he's felt good for several weeks. I think he's been worn down and tired of all the junk in his head. I'm ready to get him feeling better.


We went out for some pizza afterwards. I hated that he was sick, but I enjoyed spending the day with him. I had already planned to be off in the afternoon, but the whole day was a bonus. I didn't feel great today (just worn out) so we chilled at home all afternoon.


A theme of the day was presents. He had two presents waiting on him when we got home. He got some awesome golf gloves....


...and 96 golf balls!


He requested that we draw together this afternoon which is something that we love to do together. We love Art for Kids Hub.


Since we were at the doctor today I got his stats. He is 67lbs (64th percentile) and 4'7" tall. Apparently they don't do height percentiles after age five, but I did find a height predictor based on his weight, my height (help us all), and Darrin's height. It predicted that he will be 6'1". Sounds like it could be accurate to me. For fun, I did Carson's and it predicted he would be 5'11". Based on Miles' pjs tonight, I'd say he's grown ;) They were at least 5 inches short.


Miles, you are mature beyond your years. You can be shy in public, but you let your funny and goofy personality shine at home. You are a homebody that loves spending time with your mom and dad and tending to the garden. Just when I think you are an old man trapped in a nine year old's body, I am reminded that you would play video games and eat Skittles all day if we let you. Happy birthday, Miles! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment