Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

Carson decided to have a party in our bed early Friday morning. It doesn't happen often, but every now and then he gets restless at night. I think I got him around 3am and he tossed and turned until I got up to go work out at 4:40am.


Then, he ate a lunchable for breakfast and watched Darrin take a shower. You win some, you lose some.


As I've mentioned before, Miles' school moved to a brand new building this year. They haven't figured out the best drop off or pick up yet. It takes 15-20 minutes to get through the line no matter when you get there. There is a group of people in the community that are volunteering to direct traffic in the mornings. The police are training them. They did a great job on Friday and it did help a little. I'm afraid that it's just too many people with only one way in and one way out. I commend everyone for trying. It's not a fun problem. Even our preacher joked about it during his sermon this morning. 


Friday afternoon, I picked up a bunch of boys and headed home for a sleepover. 


I told them to put their stuff in the guest room b/c it's away from Carson's room and has a bathroom. I thought that would work well for showers later. This is as far as their stuff got. They did put it in the room, I guess.


They played outside for as long as kids these days like to play outside, so basically an hour. Carson was in the middle of the action. Miles' friends are so nice to Carson. Although his screaming on the car ride home did about get the best of them. One of them said, "Miles, how do you deal with this?" A question we all ask ourselves often when riding with Carson.


They stopped long enough for one piece of pizza and a Sprite. Miles and Carson ate more than all the other boys. Miles has always been a big eater and Carson is slowly catching up.


They bonded over some electronic time. They flipped a coin to determine who got which device...the xBOX, DS, tablet and Kindle. I think the DS was the hot item.


But then as boys do, they ended up watching one kid play at a time while everyone else tells the one kid every move to make.


I'm not going to lie, it was a very long, loud night. If I ever decide to have another sleepover, I will send Carson away for the night. I think I told them to be quiet a hundred times, which really wasn't fair to them. I think they had fun anyway. If the condition of my house was any indication, they had a blast. 

After church today, Darrin took Miles to volleyball practice while Carson and I stayed home to work around the house, cook, play, and nap. Miles needed some time with Darrin. He told me the other day that he wished volleyball season was already over :( Preseason is hard and Darrin is gone a lot right now. I think it will get slightly better once the season actually starts. 


Darrin and I have been eating healthy for a couple weeks, which means a lot of food prep. We've been planning meals together and cooking together when possible. I had to do most of the cooking by myself today. It was a lot of work, but it feels so good to have a stocked frig. We are ready to go for the week. 


Time for some Bible study and TV time. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment