Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2018

2 Year Check Up

We had Carson's 2 year check up today. He didn't like any part of it. He cried when they weighed him, examined him, gave him shots, and pricked his finger. Basically any time someone looked at him he started crying. He gets his cry face from me.


When they weren't around, he was perfectly fine.


He weighs 31lbs (90th percentile) and is 35" long (72nd percentile). It's taken him two years, but he's finally caught up to his brother, actually exceeded him in weight, at this age.


If the 'double their height at age two" holds true, both boys should be around 6' tall.


In the last 6 months, he's gained 3.5lbs and has grown 4". I didn't recognize it as it was happening but I can look back now and see how much he's grown.


It was a quick visit. The only issues I had to discuss were the bumps on his face (which Miles had too so I know they will probably go away soon) and his behavior. We are friends with his pediatrician on FB so as she was walking in the door she said, "this one is cut from a different mold, huh?" Um yes, he is. She offered some ideas for punishment. I told her that I was considering putting up the pack and play to use for time out b/c I don't have time to put him back 9,000x, but that I feared he would climb out but we agreed it was worth a try. I put him in the pack and play this weekend when I'd had enough and he came strolling in the kitchen in about 30 seconds. On to the next idea. He's saying a ton of words and learning his colors. He is definitely the entertainer in the family and cues the laughter himself when he's trying to be funny. He is still sleeping like a champ and starting to eat better. Other than his 'terrible two' behavior, he is a happy, healthy little boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment