Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Christmas Morning

We are home after a great visit with my family in middle TN. I can't remember the last time we were able to go and spend three nights there. It was so much fun. We hung out, ate good food, played lots of games, watched football....and didn't take many pictures of any of it. I'm kind of okay with it b/c I was honestly having too much fun to worry about it. I'll share the few pics I have in another post, but today I have our pictures from Christmas morning!!

So...Carson ran a fever after his last day of daycare so we stayed home from Darrin's get together on Christmas Eve. Darrin, Miles, and my mom went and had a good time. I stayed home with this cry baby :) All was well by Christmas day.


Santa came and left gifts for Miles and Carson and tons of stocking stuffers for all of us.



In our house, Santa leaves one or two gifts unwrapped for the boys, and we buy the other gifts and wrap them. Miles got a Lego set & Magic Treehouse books #1-12. Those were two things from his list. He got three big Lego sets for Christmas and they were all finished within two days.


Carson got the Little People barn.


They were both excited with their gifts from Santa. 


Then, they each had a big bag from us. Carson's had a Mickey Mouse chair and blanket.


Miles had a new baseball bag & helmet for his travel team.


In his new bag, he had a glove, frog tog, gum, and a hat rack that holds 15 baseball hats. I thought it was neat to wrap it like that, but I won't do that again. I think wrapping it all together made him feel like he got less than he actually did.


Carson got a shopping cart to haul his toys around in and some cozy fox slippers.



Marmee got him Woody & Buzz. Miles loved them when he was little, so Marmee was happy to get Carson started.


We all loved our stockings. That's always been one of my favorite parts of Christmas morning.


After all the gifts were opened, Darrin fixed breakfast and we played and hung out all day. Miles got a new xBOX game, so he spent a lot of his day playing that. You can see that he took over Carson's chair too. Carson didn't seem to mind. I have seen him push Miles out of it a few times since then. Carson was happy to play with his barn all day.


And he did get a turn in his chair too.


It was a really fun Christmas. Both boys at good ages and different kinds of fun. Miles got the board game Ticket to Ride. I have been waiting months to give this to him b/c I wanted to play it. At one point during the game, I commented to Darrin that Miles was wearing his Christmas pjs, eating all the candy from his stocking, listening to his new headphones, and playing his game with us. Pretty much his idea of heaven. He also had unlimited electronic time during the day.


It was such a fun day b/c it was out of the norm. I told Darrin that forcing him to live a pretty structured life most days makes holidays and other occasions that much more special. It's fun for us to be able to lighten up every now and then too. Another Christmas is in the books and it was the best yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment