Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2017

A Little Pre-Christmas

First, the bad news. After his weekend of sickness, Darrin took him to the doctor on Monday and she confirmed it was the flu. He felt miserable for several days, but he's finally on the mend. So far, everyone else is okay. I'll consider it our very own Christmas miracle if we make it to every family function.


Now onto a few Christmas things. Miles wrote a very extravagant letter to Santa at school. In case you can't read it, he asked for a pool, $5,000, an iPhone 8, and a car, just to name a few.


Santa wrote back to everyone in the class. His teacher sent pictures and said that it was a very exciting day.


I rocked the Ugly Sweater contest at work. This is my boss. He hired me in 2001. I've moved to a few different departments over the last 16 years and now I'm back working for him. It's been a good move!


Miles wrote another note to Santa asking for an Elf.


Last year we had Sugar Twinkle Socks. This year we have his friend, Snowdrop Flippy Mittens. Sugar Twinkle Socks was a little more adventurous. Snowdrop Flippy Mittens usually just hides somewhere. Every now and then he does something funny.


Carson made a really cute ornament at school. I know already that I will love to get this one out every year.


All the presents are wrapped and arranged neatly in the guest bedroom b/c they wouldn't last an hour under our tree. Carson would have them unwrapped in no time. We never had to worry about that with Miles, but I know better than to even try with Carson.


We went to an FCA dinner with some friends. These are our baseball friends. This group = fun times.


So now the countdown to Christmas is on. I have one day of work left. The presents are bought and wrapped. I just have to organize a few things and grocery shop and we will be ready to go. Come on Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment