Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

Carson woke up excited to find the elf on Friday morning. He LOVES the elf. He laughs and points whenever he sees him.


Miles, on the other hand, was not excited to wake up on Friday b/c that meant going to school with his black eye. It looked really bad when he woke up.


I went to eat lunch with him for his Christmas lunch and it was already looking better by the time I got there. The swelling has gone down a lot and now it's just the crazy colors that he has to deal with.


The one thing that got him through the day was the fact that Mason was coming home with him and spending the night. Unfortunately, as soon as I got home from work and took one look at him, I could tell he was running a fever. You can even see his red cheeks in the pic below. They ate pizza and popsicles while we waited for Mason's dad to pick him up. Miles did not handle the disappointment of Mason leaving well at all. There was screaming, crying, and even some throwing of toys. Controlling his emotions (when things don't go his way) has never been his strong suit.


On Saturday morning, I Christmas shopped online in peace before anyone woke up. I don't know why I don't make it a point to wake up early on the weekend and just sit by myself in the sun room. I sure do enjoy the peace and quiet.


I went to the gym and then did some Christmas shopping and errands. After a hard week of work outs, I almost bought this. True story.


The rest of the weekend was spent laying around, playing, and doing a few things around the house. Miles has been so sick all weekend. His fever got up to 103.9 on Saturday night after Motrin. I had to put him in a lukewarm bath with a cold wash cloth on his head to make it come down. I really think it's the flu. Darrin is going to take him to the doctor tomorrow just to be sure it's not strep. Carson is still hanging in there. Sure hope he avoids it. High fevers scare me.


That's all for now. Miles is sleeping on a cot in our room so I can keep an eye on him and give him medicine every 3 hours. I'm a fan of Motrin, but we've been rotating it with Tylenol Cold & Flu and that seems to give him more relief. Since Miles is sleeping in our room, I'm going to go ahead and go to bed too. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment