Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Check Ups & Bad Planning

Carson and I started our day at the ENT for a follow up to his tube surgery. It was a quick visit and everything looked great. We decided to get some ear plugs molded b/c cotton balls with Vaseline have proven to be a pain. Plus, it isn't enough for swimming. I'm hopeful that the new ear plugs will be a nice change for bath time.


After the ENT, we headed to Dr. Amy for his 12 month check up. We were early, so we had the waiting room to ourselves. I actually listened to some of a conference call for work while we waited.


Carson weighs 23lbs (75th percentile) and is 29 inches long (25th percentile). His head circumference is in the 50th percentile, so all in all, it looks like our preemie has caught up!


He liked playing with Dr. Amy's stool while we waited. 


The only concern I had for our visit was his skin. It's been getting dryer and dryer. After every bath, the dry patches get red. I assumed it was eczema, but I wasn't sure. Dr. Amy said it was indeed eczema. She said to use Cetaphil soap and Aquaphor lotion. I went right after the appointment bought some. It doesn't seem to bother him, but I want my baby's smooth skin back.


We ended the visit with a finger prick and three vaccinations. Have I said before how much I dislike them??? He handled them well and only cried for a minute.


After the appointment, I took him to daycare. I was at work about 30 minutes when his teacher text to ask if I had given him Tylenol b/c he was crying nonstop and screaming at times. I told her that I had not and that I would come get him. She told me I didn't have to, but I didn't want him to be uncomfortable. I should have known better b/c he tends to take shots pretty hard. He usually runs fever and even gets a runny nose. I thought he might be able to get through the afternoon before he started feeling badly. From now on, I will schedule shot visits in the afternoon so we can just go home afterwards. He's been in his crib since we got home and I've been on two conference calls. It took him a while to fall asleep but he played quietly and seemed to be cozy in his crib. Hopefully it's just what he needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment