Sunday, April 30, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

I think the last time I was as physically exhausted as I am now was when we moved two years ago. We had a busy weekend, like we always do, but for some reason, neither Darrin nor I have been able to bounce back. Friday, I took off work a little earlier and we raced around to get to the ball park for a travel ball tournament. We won easily and headed home at a decent hour. We were able to get both kids in bed by 9pm and we weren't far behind them. After the kids were asleep, we did manage to get a few things done around the house, like laundry, dishes, and straightening the house. I told Darrin that the key to me surviving travel season with minimal damage for everyone is to do a little bit everyday instead of letting everything go all weekend and then scrounging Sunday night. I just can't deal with that.

Saturday morning, we had to be back at the ball park at 8:15am for a 9am game. Carson was great at the game.

I pushed him around forever at the beginning of the game. He wouldn't give it up, but then fell asleep in Darrin's arms.

We lost and then went home to mulch the front flower beds. I think this is where the exhaustion occurred. We fed Carson and put him down for a nap. Then, the three of us worked on the flower beds for 2.5 hours while Carson slept. It was perfect timing and he complied so well. He's good like that.

A lot of parents don't let their kids do much when they have games that night, but Miles gets way more tired by laying around all day.

We moved in two years ago in June and had never addressed the landscaping.

Last year, we painted the shutters and changed the light fixtures by the front door. This year, we did the mulch and have a few other little things planned. Next year, I hope to buy some furniture for the front porch and hopefully extend the landscaping around the house. There is so much we want to do, but time and money are prohibitive. We cleaned up the existing bushes and put down new mulch. I took a few breaks b/c I just couldn't hang.

Darrin talked me into black mulch and I'm so glad he did.

You can't tell much from the pictures, but it looks a lot neater and cleaner. I can't wait to add some flowers and ferns to the front porch, as well as a new American flag. 

Even though we only worked for 2.5 hours, it was hot and we worked fast. It really took a toll on us. We rested for a while and then I went grocery shopping while Darrin watched the boys.

Then, it was time to head back to the ball park. Unfortunately, we has the last game of the day which didn't start until 9pm. That is the craziest thing to me that kids play baseball at that hour, but that's what happens these days. Thankfully, Stephanie came over and watched Carson. I wouldn't have taken him and I didn't want to miss the game. So glad she helped us out.

When we got to the ball park, the game before us hadn't even started. Our game finally got started at 10pm. There is a minor league team that plays nearby. When their game ended, we got to watch their fireworks while we waited on our game to start. 

One of the dads took this picture of the moms. Quick thinking and one of the funniest pics I have seen in awhile. I like to call this momma-razzi. I got to know some of these moms last spring. I'm so happy to be able to spend more time with them. They are becoming good friends.

Unfortunately, we lost quickly and headed home. It's the first year for our travel team and we are learning. The only way we will get better is by playing good teams. Our boys are showing some signs of improvement and they are having fun.

Today, we spent the day doing the, meal prep, laundry, small group, and get ready for the week ahead. I started working out at home in the mornings last Monday. I worked out six days straight and it's been quite a sore, struggle to work my way back into shape. More on that one day soon. I think that could have been a reason I've been so worn out. I took today off and plan to get back to it tomorrow morning, so I really need to go to bed. I'm not even proofing this. Sorry for all the typos, but let's be real, my proofing doesn't really help anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment