Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Less Words Wednesday

Today is Darrin's 40th birthday. He woke up early and celebrated with Miles & Carson. I was sound asleep and didn't realize the party had started somewhere in the 5 o'clock hour.


Since I'm still on maternity leave and currently not getting paid, we decided to forgo gifts and stick with cards from the boys. Miles wanted to make one. I think it was a big hit. Here is the front and back. Miles told Darrin he could keep the dollar b/c he had two more :)


At work, the team made sure everyone knew it was his birthday.


I love the sign in the hallway, just outside his office, "Rub my bald head, it's my birthday".


I decided to fix several of Darrin's favorite things for dinner. I'm getting back into the groove with cooking lately. When I picked Miles up from school and told him what we were doing, he was so excited to help.


On the menu was grilled bacon cheeseburgers, pineapple casserole, and Chinese coleslaw. Food blogging is not in my future. My pictures never look tasty.


Dessert was this Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie recipe. I tried it for the first time a month of ago and have already made it a couple of times since then. It's so, so good.


This sums up what Carson thought of his dad turning 40. Miles said we were too old to have kids, so basically both of our kids think we are ancient. Carson did a lot of sleeping today. Hopefully it's a growth spurt and not sickness coming on. 


Volleyball season prohibits any big parties or celebrations for our birthdays or our anniversary. It's hard to even find time for a date night. Nevertheless, we hope Darrin had a great day & knows how much we love him. Happy Birthday, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment