Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Laundry Room Before & After

I realized the other day that I haven't done many before & after posts about our house. Last weekend I decided to add a few finishing touches to our laundry room.  Kind of a weird place to focus my efforts when there are other rooms in the house that are in need of some decorating, but ideas just came to me and I knew it would be an inexpensive room to complete. 

When we bought the house, the laundry room was in a hallway that lead to a spare room that the former owners used for a hunting room.  The man was a big hunter, so he stored all his gear and large gun safe in there.  There is a second door that leads to the back of the garage, so it's perfect for a mud room.  Here you can see the hallway laundry room with the spare room at the end.  They had a really nice washer & dryer, so the space actually looked really nice.  I love the recessed lighting that they had already installed. 


A close up of the spare mud room...


We ended up moving the laundry into the mud room during all of our of renovations.  The upper cabinets were relocated and the walls were painted a light blue.  We also extended the new tile from the kitchen into this room. 


Last weekend, I added a rug, some pictures, and a few hooks for less than $100.  I was going to add a curtain of some kind, but I decided I like the clean look without one.  Our coat closet is at the front of the house, which is very inconvenient.  A couple hooks will allow us to each hang a few coats that we wear most often.


The rug and this picture frame came from Target.  I found this free printable on Pinterest.


I had one of my all time favorite pictures of Miles printed on a 12"x12" wood panel from Walmart. I could have gotten something I liked a little more, but for the money it was perfect for the laundry room.  I wanted something different than a canvas.  It's not bad, but in person it's a little glossy for my taste.


This is a shelving system that the previous owners already had in this room.  It works perfectly for our needs.  


It is the perfect laundry room for us.  Not too big, not too small.  The door on the right is the door that leads to the garage.  I don't use it much but it's great for Darrin to come in that door at the end of the day and drop off his dirty gym clothes.  I also love that it has a door to the hallway that be shut when the dryer is too loud or their are piles of laundry on the floor.


In other random news, Miles got his first phone call from a friend this week.  Gaige called to check on him while he was sick. 6 year olds are extremely awkward on the phone, but it was cute nonetheless.


He was able to go back to school yesterday. I expected him to be very tired last night, but he wasn't.  I guess it caught up with him today. He crawled up on the couch at 7:45pm tonight and fell sound asleep.  Darrin had to carry him to bed when he got home from work.


Miles has his first baseball practice tomorrow night and we find out the gender of the baby on Monday, so I should be back soon.  Good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment