Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Lyme Update, I Missed My Calling, & Some Other Random Things

I had an appointment scheduled for next Tuesday with my Lyme doctor, Dr. Bernui.  But guess what?  I didn't need it!!  For the last five years, I've had an appointment, either in person or over the phone, every 1-3 months.  Since he doesn't accept insurance, the visits are 100% out of pocket. I just decided this time that we didn't have enough to discuss to make it worth the money. So, I called and rescheduled for March, which was his next opening.  I actually felt a little bold in my decision to go rogue, b/c we have been so diligent with my treatment plan for so many years. But then, I felt so thankful that I have made this much progress.  I still have symptoms, mainly headaches and muscle pain, but they are much less frequent.  Restored health is a gift that I do not take for granted.

Switching gears...I totally missed my calling. I got an email the other day saying that the sender found my resume on Career Builder and felt like I would be a great candidate for a "Gift Wrapping Manager".  I AGREE!  Where have you been all my life?  Those that know me know how much I love to wrap presents! I'm not quitting my day job any time soon... 


I introduced Miles to one of my childhood favs the other day.  He got a hot chocolate packet at the parade. Instead of warming it up, we added it to cold milk and ate it with a spoon.  It's like chocolate sugar. He approved.


Miles had to do a Christmas project for school. The instructions said to complete it as a family.


We had to decorate a Christmas tree with any kind of craft supplies or stickers.  The decorations had to be in a pattern that Miles will present to his class tomorrow.  Here's hoping he has his daddy's public speaking skills and not mine. 


It's been a long work & school day for the McClure's. Two are already in bed at 8:48pm and now it's my turn.  Speaking of sleep, I totally disagree with this quote. Good night!

We saw this and had to laugh. We're not sure who said it, but some truth in the words! Especially true when in another country and you choose to sleep in - pleasant, yes, the but another culture is out there waiting to be explored :):

1 comment:

  1. I'm also a patient of his and I just wanted to say congrats on how well you are doing<3
    Krystle

    ReplyDelete