Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Until Next Time

Not sure if I've mentioned it on here or not, but during our little construction & remodel project, we had a major water leak in the kitchen. The result is that we have to completely rip out the kitchen, hallway/desk area, and laundry floor & cabinets to make way for a new sub floor & flooring.  You know, the kitchen that I love and wasn't planning to do anything to?  That one.  The one room that didn't need work.  I'm having a little pity party before it's time to get up and get to work clearing these rooms out.  Not that I've been a good blogger lately, but this will be the last one until the house is completely finished and functional again.  We are looking at 2-4 weeks, depending on how things go.  Before I go, a little catch up.

Friday night, Rachel & Travis came to Darrin's volleyball game.  We didn't win, but it was sooooo great to see them. It's definitely been too long.


After the game, we had cake & ice cream at home with my mom & Darrin's parents.  They all spent the night too.  We love to have a house full, especially during volleyball season.  I need to do a better job of taking some pics of our fun weekends at home with family.


Saturday morning, Miles had a soccer game.  I didn't take any pictures b/c it was dreary and drizzling a little. After his game, it was time for another volleyball game, which we won!



It was parents' weekend at Union. We went back on Saturday night just long enough for the team to be introduced.  Darrin is 6'4", so you can see how tall his team is. Wow!


Darrin & I went to the Titans' game on Saturday.  We had box seats from my work.  Sitting in the box was a ton of fun, but the Titans blew a big lead and ended up losing which was not so fun.  Unfortunately, that's how it feels to be a Titans' fan.


Today after school, Miles said he was going to build something. 


He had a vision for a box and got straight to work as soon as we got home.


I had to help a little with the hammering and sawing, but the design and gathering materials was all him.  He worked outside by himself for an hour. I just helped at the very end b/c he was using a saw.


He ended up with a box that he said we can use for rakes and shovels.  As we were cleaning up, he said, "Thanks for helping me, mom.  I really appreciate it."  I honestly don't know what we did to deserve this kid. He is so special.  His little heart and mind blows me away.


Last, but not least, today is Darrin's 39th birthday.  As I said on Facebook, He is the fun to my serious, tall to my short, fly by the seat of his pants to my schedule, lots of words to my few, affectionate to my not so much...the very definition of opposites attract.  Even though he drives me cRaZy, life is way more fun with him in it.  Happy Birthday, Darrin!


His team wished him a Happy Bald Birthday...


Time for me to get busy packing things up.  I am so ready for this house to be completely finished.  Send some caffeine and nerve pills to my rescue.  I know it will be worth it, but right now I'm having a hard time gearing up for round two.  My plan is to be back as soon as possible and then hopefully blog regularly again. I think I can, I think I can.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment