Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

I uploaded these pics last night but then got sidetracked and tired.  Darrin played at Mississippi College on Friday night, so I watched online while Miles played.  Well, I semi watched online between the internet buffering and freezing up. Grrrr...this internet is going to be the death of me.  I actually watched the first set on my phone while I waited in the longest Walmart line ever.  Next time there's a game online I might just go to Walmart and walk around b/c the service was way better than it was after I got home.  Getting back to our weekend....Darrin won, so that was a great start to our weekend.

Darrin's parents went to Darrin's game and then drove back to our house afterwards to spend the night. They arrived at 2:30am and Darrin rolled in a 3:30am.  Unfortunately for them we had a busy Saturday planned.  First up, was Miles' soccer game.  





This was Darrin's first time to watch a game b/c he was out of town last weekend.  I thought that being a coach himself would make him just watch the game and not act like a crazy parent. No.Such.Luck.  He was the craziest one there.  I eventually told him to go watch somewhere else. Even though he looks very serious in this picture, I actually think he was praising him for something good that he had done.  Of course as Miles was walking over I was reminding him ever so kindly not to coach him b/c he has very capable coaches.  It's going to be a long childhood.  And I thought I was going to be the crazy one...


After the soccer game, it was time for a little weekend project of laying sod.  From all the construction, the area right behind our patio was all dirt & rocks.  


We bought two pallets of sod.  I originally wanted three but we didn't have time to pick it up before they closed.  Thank you Lord for your intervention there...two pallets about killed us.  


We still have a lot of bare areas but hopefully we will have some pretty grass right off the patio.  


We don't really have time right now, but I would love to till up the rest and plant some seed this fall.  We'll just have to see what we get around to.  I don't love the way sod shows so many seams, but I'm counting on it filling in nicely if not this year, at least by next spring.


Sunday, we went to church and then Darrin worked all day while Miles and I watched football and did endless loads of laundry.  Now, it's time for more football.  Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment