Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

Our weekend consisted of fun family time with both sides of our family.  First up, was Darrin's side on Friday night.  Darrin's brother, Aaron, and his family, Jessica, Jayci, & Rowan, had to come in town unexpectedly due to an illness is Jessica's family. We do not get to see them often, so we capitalized on some time with Aaron & the kids.  Uncle Aaron picked up right where he left off with Miles the last time we saw him...


Granny has been dying for a picture of all her grandchildren. They were surprisingly cooperative and we managed a pretty good shot.


Miles was so happy to meet Rowan.


We all spent the night at Steve & Crystal's house, so the kids had lots of time to play together...



The boys in Darrin's family are seriously outnumbered, so they had to get a picture together with just the guys...


The kids even went swimming for a little while. Miles was freezing b/c he wasn't swimming around enough to get warm like the girls were.


He insisted on staying out there even though he was shivering.  He finally said, "Hey guys, I'm going to go inside" hoping they would follow him.



Lots of good cousin time was had...


Miles has already said he wants to do it again.


Saturday morning, we drove to my mom's house.  Our plan was to help with a few projects around the house.  It was raining pretty hard off an on during the morning, so my mom & I decided to do the next best thing....go shopping. We bought a few little things, and I gathered so ideas for the new house.  Darrin and Miles were able to finish one project in the garage while we were gone and make a serious dent in a major project outside. My mom wanted to take down a lot of her gazebo so that it can be rebuilt with new wood. Darrin had most of it done when we got home.  I just helped a little at the end.

Miles helped Darrin a lot during the day, but he was pretty much over it when we got home. Playing with his new bubble machine from Marmee was way more fun. This picture doesn't do the bubble machine justice. It blew bubbles everywhere.  Very cute toy.


We went to a graduation party for my cousin's son today and got to see so many friends and family members that I haven't seen in years.  My cousin and his wife threw a huge graduation party complete with a big tent, band, food, corn hole, swimming, and tons more.  It was really neat. Unfortunately I was too busy catching up to take any pictures. I thought about getting my camera out a few times, but there were so many people there that I didn't know where to start.  Bottom line....it was a good time.

We left a little sooner than I wanted to b/c VBS started at our church tonight and I really wanted Miles to be able to go every night.  After texting with a few friends on the drive home, I discovered that tonight was just a kick off for VBS and that it doesn't really start until tomorrow night. If I recall correctly, we did this same exact thing last year.  Yes, I just confirmed it. How frustrating.

So, have you ever wondered who buys all the junky toys and stuffed animals in gas stations? I have often wondered as I pass buy something random in a convenient store on my way to the drinks and candy bars, which is what I buy in a gas station.  On the way home today, Miles fell in love with a Penguin Beanie Baby on the way from the restroom to the drinks to the register. Of course we told him no, and then his little heart was so sad. Now, I have no problem telling him no when it comes to toys. We never do the toy thing at Walmart or anything like that. Something about the penguin really got him. So, I went back in and bought it. I had to stand in line forever behind normal people buying drinks.  I was a little embarrassed standing in line with a blue penguin Beanie Baby, but he was sooooo happy.


We drove home in a lot of this...


When we got home we quickly unpacked and ate dinner. Then, we had a race to see who could get their tasks finished first and get to the living room to watch the Amazing Race finale.  Miles had to take a bath all by himself. I had to do some laundry. Darrin had to clean up the kitchen.  Miles won in record time.  Darrin & I still aren't convinced that he's very clean, but he smelled good.  We were just glad to see that he has a competitive bone in his body, b/c frankly, I was beginning to wonder.  Darrin came in second, but he was later disqualified when we discovered some dirty dishes still in the sink.  Now, it's 8:57pm and I'm ready to spend some quality time with my DVR. Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment