Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

Darrin had an individual camp at UTM this weekend, which means individual players from all over came to participate, rather than with their school teams. He had girls all the way from Wisconsin to Texas.  It seems like they worked hard & had a lot of fun.  It was an exhausting weekend for him. The girls in orange are his players, and the others are the campers.  We seriously love his girls so much.  







Miles & I went to my mom's house for the weekend.  We worked around her yard for a little while on Saturday morning.  Miles was so excited about his new work gloves & trimmers from Marmee.  Now that's what I call a practical gift.  I'm a fan.  The kid still loves to work. I don't know what we did to deserve his work ethic....and more importantly, I don't know what to do to keep it.  He couldn't wait to get outside & use his trimmers. 


After yard work, we went out for a little retail therapy.  I picked up a few random things, but nothing major.  I did find a desk organizer that I've been in seach of for at least 4 years.  I bought one for my desk at work years ago at TJ Maxx & have loved it.  I've looked unsuccessfully ever since for one for my desk at home.  I turned the corner in Home Goods on Saturday and there it was.  My persistance paid off & I never caved and bought the one on Pottery Barn for $50+. 

We made a quick stop at the mall play area for Miles...


Saturday night, we hung out at home & went to bed early.  Just a few of my favorite things.  After church on Sunday, we went to lunch with my brother & sister-in-law, Dave & Emily, and my niece & nephew, Sarah & Seth. 


Seth is in town from England, so we were thrilled to be able to see him, even if it was only for a couple hours.  Miles wanted Seth to sit right next to him...



Unfortunately, we had to rush home b/c Miles & I thought we had VBS.  I got a text about an hour into the drive that we really didn't have to be there until Monday night.  We took advantage and stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner.  I love to go out to eat with just Miles sometimes.  It's fun to talk to him.  He learned how to correctly play the peg game that they have on the tables.  I don't know the official name.  He was very intrigued by it. 


Our weekends are always go, go, go, but we wouldn't have it any other way.  Who wants to sit at home??  That's what week nights are for....unless you have VBS.  We have so much going on this week that I emailed Darrin this morning and listed everything we have going on each night & what I need his help with.  I know he just LOVES to get emails like this from me.  'Tis life with me & I'm pretty sure he's used to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment