Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

VBS

The theme of VBS this year is Weird Animals.  I thought that would be really cool for a kid, but Miles informed me on the way to church tonight that he didn't want to talk about Weird Animals anymore & that he only wanted to talk about Jesus.  Then, he proceeded to tell me the Bible story from the first night word for word.  Part of his detailed account included that four friends had "leopard seeds" (leprosy).  The kid has a steel trap memory.

This year, VBS is kind of like the Miles & Avery show.  Their teachers told me tonight that they are inseparable.  Just more pics for the wedding one day...


Miles & Avery with one of their teachers, Ms. Mallory...


During the Bible story tonight, the kids were told to walk up to the cross and make a make to represent the bad things they do, b/c Jesus died on the cross to save them.  Miles told Ms. Crystal that he needed to make several marks b/c he does lots of bad stuff, and that one time he even hit his dad with an upper cut. Tru dat.




Snack time was ice cream sundaes.  They were a big hit...

 

They got to see some weird animals at the end.  I prefer to call them terrifying.  Snakes make me almost have a panic attack.  I couldn't even look at it at first, but then I was taking pictures b/c the blog is more important than my deepest fears...apparently. I thought Miles would be climbing over people to get away from the animals, but he was kicked back watching the show instead...



After touching the animals, Miles felt like everyone needed hand sanitizer.  Completely on his own, he got it out of my purse and began sharing with friends...



I'm working in the nursery this year.  I usually work with the older kids.  It's been a nice change of pace.  Miles is loving every part of VBS this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment