Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

Saturday I got up and got the house ready for two showings.  I wrapped those up about 1:30.  Since the house was clean, the laundry was done, and Miles was playing outside, there was nothing else for me to do but relax in the sun room.  It was a gorgeous day to put the windows up and enjoy the breeze. 


After a good day at home for both of us, we got ready and went to the rodeo. Darrin spent the day at a tournament in Jackson, MS.  He doesn't enjoy the rodeo like I do.


UT Martin hosts a rodeo every year.  They are the reigning national champs, so the atmosphere was exciting. 


We never have a clue about the rules or events, but it's still fun.  We stayed until the very end, which is a first for us.  Bull riding is the last thing they do.  It's both fun and scary to watch.  There are injuries at the rodeo every year. One girl was bucked off a horse and Miles asked me all night if she was ok.  He made sure to pray for all the cowboys and cowgirls that got hurt. 


This morning we slept in a little and went to late church.  I wore a dress from my latest tote from Le Tote.  This is the first thing I'm actually going to keep.  It fits perfectly, even the length.  It's just a plain black dress, but should be a good, staple item.


After church, we went to look at a house in Medina.  It was a no go.  It had an amazing lot and outdoor space, but that didn't make up for the cramped house and small rooms.  Miles played outside when we got home and had his friends over for dinner.  He thinks that is so much fun.  


Miles accomplished a major milestone this past week.  He can now run his bath water, wash his hair & body, dry himself off, get dressed, and brush his hair.  Say it ain't so.  This feels like a new kind of freedom for us. I won't make him do by himself all the time, but it comes in handy when we are busy.


Darrin looked over while we were watching TV tonight and said Miles looked like a little king.....laid back in his boxers, drinking a smoothly, watching TV, getting his feet rubbed.  Massages are his new favorite thing. 


Unfortunately I have a really bad headache.  I've had it all day.  I'm off to bed early tonight. Hopefully it will be gone when I wake up.  Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment