Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My Afternoon With Miles

I took the afternoon off from work to take Miles to the dentist. The dentist has always been Darrin's domain, so Miles was excited to show me around the place. It's a really cool pediatric dentist with games and movies. The employees go out of their way to make going to the dentist a fun experience.  He was a little anxious about going, but did fine.  No cavities and everything looked great.


Since his dentist is in Jackson, we took advantage and went to watch practice.  This was the first time I had met any of the girls.


I was so impressed with the them, both on and off the court.  As you can see from the pic below, they obviously made my typically shy child very comfortable.  We asked him who was going to be the first one to babysit him and he said "all of them". 


We also went back for a second look at a house in Medina. We were really just going to make sure we still liked it and to sign papers for an offer.  In the end, we decided to walk away from it. Neither Darrin nor I had a good feeling about it.  We are at peace with marking it off our list, but it is a little disappointing.  We still don't have a contract on our house, so we'll just continue to show ours and wait for something to come on the market in Medina. 

It's been kind of hard to be an hour away from Darrin's new job. The commute really isn't a huge issue for him.  It's just been weird for me to be so uninvolved.  It feels like we are making a lot of life changes b/c of this new opportunity and it's all still so foreign to me.  Being around the girls today and being able to watch practice helped me remember why we are doing all of this.  I've never doubted our decision, but I have a new excitement after being around it today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment