Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday night we went to eat dinner with our good friends, Rachel & Travis. We were sitting at home after work when I got a text from Rachel that said, "Hey, y'all want to grab dinner?"  My response was, "Why yes, we do!"  We met around 20 minutes later at the usual...Los Portales.  Miles, who never wants to leave the house on the weekend, was totally on board when I told him we were going to eat with Bane. This sums it up...


Rachel is so sweet to entrust my germy five year old to hold him :)  She knows that we always wash hands and change dirty daycare clothes before we see him. Miles is in heaven here.


Saturday morning we had big plans to decorate Darrin's office and attend Miles' friend (and my friend Stephanie's nephew) Hunt's birthday party in Jackson.  {Sorry...I couldn't punctuate that sentence correctly if I tried. Hopefully you get the point.}  We left the house at 7:45am and didn't get home until 10pm.  The party was at Chuck E Cheese. Haters gonna hate, but our family loves Chuck E Cheese. My only complaint is that I didn't have my own cup of tokens.


On the way to the party, I handed the card to Miles in the back seat to write his name. I was a little worried about how he would manage without something hard to write on. Little did I know, the kid has skills.


After the party, it was time to get to work on Darrin's office.  He said it needed a woman's touch and he wasn't kidding.  I only have one before picture and it's a little fuzzy, which is fitting, if you ask me....


After one trip each to TJ Maxx, Kirklands, Hobby Lobby, and Lowes, two trips to Target, some help from Darrin's dad, significant pain & suffering by Miles, and a few tense moment between Darrin & I, we wrapped things up around 8pm.

I had planned on a black & white rug but Darrin liked this red one. I'm so glad, b/c I think it adds a lot.


I really like his book shelf. It has pictures, books, trophies, and mementos from his years in coaching.  So special to have fun memories from over the years. We found this little bench at TJ Maxx. We had not planned on something like that, but it is perfect. His office is on the small side and it only had 2 chairs. The bench will allow for a few more seats on occasion. It looks too skinny to sit on, but it's actually not bad.


We put his TV on a floating shelf in the corner. Really hoping it's not on the floor tomorrow morning.


I wonder how long his desk will stay this neat??  It stands no chance.


I think the office turned out great. After working his first three days last week and then having the campus closed on Thursday and Friday for snow, I think he's all set to hit the ground running tomorrow.


Today, we went to church and then chilled around the house. This is the look you get when Darrin honks the horn as Miles is walking in front of the car on his way in the house. #idon'tblamehim #hegetshis"looks"fromme  #wedon'talwaysthinkdadisfunny  #enoughwiththehashtags 


Happy Bachelor finale eve everyone!  Try to get some sleep. Surely I'm not the only one that is excited, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment