Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Granny Saves the Day

Miles crawled into our bed around 4:45 this morning and started complaining about his throat hurting, to which I replied, "so does mine". I can be very sympathetic like that.  Mine hurt a little, so I figured his hurt about the same. As time went on and he didn't go back to sleep like he usually does, I began to catch on that he really was sick.  Turns out, he also had a fever.  This mysterious fever has been going on for 2.5 weeks.  I made an early decision not to take him to the doctor today, b/c who needs a repeat of our last wasted copay?  I found this selfie on my phone from our early morning wake up call...


Darrin text his mom and asked for a "favor".  Granny was able to watch Miles so we could both work, and I could keep my much needed hair appointment.  When I picked Miles up tonight, we gave Granny some flowers for Valentine's Day.  Miles is always wanting to buy flowers from Walmart, so I knew he would be happy to give them to her...


Miles scored some dolla billz from Aunt Lynda & Aunt Brenda...


He fell asleep about 5 minutes into our drive home.  I tried to carry him inside, but alas, those days are over.  I made it to the door and told him he was going to have to walk.  He was so out of it. He was wandering around with his eyes closed.  I finally grabbed his hand and lead him up the stairs.  When I lifted him onto my bed, he smiled so big & said, "Hi, Momma"....


I don't think he ever really woke up b/c less than a minute later, he looked like this...


So, we have plans to hibernate all weekend.  He needs to get better & we need to stop passing stuff around.  I have off work on Monday.  If he is still running a fever or complaining about his throat, I'll gamble on another copay then.  Being home with nothing to do sounds just fine to me, which leads me to this epic ecard that fits me perfectly...


It's supposed to be really cold this weekend with a chance of snow.  It's a perfect weekend to stay inside & do nothing. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment