Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Wait & See Kind of Mom

So late yesterday afternoon Miles started whining and crying about who knows what.  There really was no reason for it. He seemed tired, but then he started crying hysterically saying his head hurt.  He looked a little sickly, but mainly just tired. I could not get him to stop crying so I put him in the bath. That always worked when he was younger.  He was smiling within minutes.


I've had a few questions about the glowing ball.  It's the Party in the Tub. Miles saw it on a commercial months ago and Santa was nice enough to put one in his stocking. I'm a fan of bath toys in general, but this might be my favorite. Super cute.

As soon as Miles got out of the bathtub, his whining returned.  This time he mentioned his ear and he felt warm. I'm not sure how this happened, but we didn't have a working thermometer in the house.  I'm certain he had a low fever that broke not long after he went to bed.

He slept for a solid 12 hours and woke up happy. I thought we were in the clear, but then he started talking about his throat hurting.  I never run to the doctor...I'm more of a wait & see kind of mom...b/c I'm cheap and don't like copays for no reason...but fever, headache, ear, and throat were too many symptoms for me to ignore.  Plus, I was off work today anyway.  When we got to the office, he was playing hopscotch on the tile floor while we waited for the doctor, and literally jumping off the exam table. Doesn't he look sick...


I'm so glad we rushed in. Clearly, he was hanging on by a thread....


And this, my friends, is why I wait and see.  Of course it was viral and he's been fine since we got home. I spent the rest of my day off laying around the house, working out, eating dinner with friends, and now it's time for a bath and the Bachelor by the fire.  Ahhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment