Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Miles is in one of those phases at school where he gets in trouble a lot.  I've learned that these phases come and go with him, so I try not to stress about it, even though I really dislike when he is seemingly rude & unruly at school.  Friday, one of the things he got in trouble for was being disruptive during nap time.  We were going to a 50th anniversary party for Darrin's Uncle Jimmy & Aunt Brenda that night, and the whole time we were getting ready, he was difficult and uncooperative. He feel asleep on the way there and it became clear that he disrupted his own nap too.


Happy 50th Anniversary to Uncle Jimmy & Aunt Brenda!


We didn't stay long b/c I wanted to get home and watch Darrin's game online.  I took a quick picture of Miles and his cousin, Lauren, on the way out.  I sent the picture to Lauren's mom, Christy, after I got home.  Her reply...."that's the only smile I saw from him all night".  And she would be correct on that one.



I can now watch Darrin's games on our TV.  It's kind of hard to see it here, but the quality is surprisingly good.  It's so much nicer than sitting at the computer for 2 hours.


Miles still sleeps with me when Darrin is out of town.  He missed Darrin a lot on this trip.  He even pulled our family picture right next to him on the night stand...


Saturday, Miles' friend, Colt, and his little brother, Case, came to play with us while their mom went to the UTM football game.  These three had a ton of fun.  It was so nice to have a playmate for Miles.


Here is a very random picture of Miles from later that night.  The child is always hungry.  He's eating raw broccoli straight off the stalk.  I was making dinner and he just walked up and started eating it.


Today after church & the Titan's game, we decided to do round one of the leaves.  I love the trees in our yard.  I think it looks so pretty, but ask me again after the last leaf has fallen.

Before...the picture doesn't really do it justice....


This one shows a little more...


Our back deck...


Miles and the neighbor girl, Savannah, wanted to help...


"Help" is a very loose interpretation.  This is more like it...


After...it was getting dark, but you can still tell that it's much better.  We bagged up around ten 55 gallon bags.  I give it 3-4 days and it will all be covered again...


After...the deck...


Between no nap, working/playing outside, and the time change...Miles was exhausted.  He crawled up in Darrin's chair and voluntarily went to sleep.  This never happens...


I'm pretty tired myself.  I'm off to relax for a couple hours before it's time to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment