Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Old Habits Die Hard

Miles has twirled his hair since he was very little.  He totally gets it from me and I get it from my mom.  I can remember my mom twirling her hair when I was a kid.  Lately, I've noticed Miles twirling his hair so tightly that his finger gets stuck and his hair gets tangled.

We've discussed how dreadful Miles is during hair cuts, so I put it off as long as I could and we finally went today.  I'm happy to report that he behaved very well...with the threat of no TV before bed, and he sat in my lap.  I really dislike catering to his irrational fear of hair cuts by allowing him to sit in my lap, but there really was no other choice....the kid needed a hair cut and I can't stand the fight.

His new hair cut revealed a bald spot and very thin hair on top of his head from all his twirling.


I texted his teacher and asked her to remind him not to pull his hair when she sees him doing it.  She replied and said that she had just discovered him pulling his hair out.  It's going to be a very hard habit to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment