Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

What a fun weekend.  Darrin's birthday was Saturday, but his assistant coach & some players got the date wrong and decorated his office on Thursday night for him to see on Friday.  I got a few texts on Friday morning saying "please tell me today is coach's birthday" with the following picture.  It was funny that they decorated his office and even funnier that they got the day wrong.


Friday night we had a home volleyball game.  My mom, Darrin's parents, & Darrin's sister all came to the game and then spent the night.  We've never had a house big enough to accommodate everyone and it was so fun to have a house full.  I hope there are many more weekends like this to come.  There's no way I'd rather spend a Friday night than at a volleyball game, especially when we play well & win...



Our Sunday School class came to support.  What good friends we have.



Saturday we hung out around the house before the game in the afternoon...


Miles wanted to ride in Aunt Crystal's convertible.  He got nervous as I was buckling him in b/c he said he didn't know "how fast it goes".  I assured him is was just like a regular car.  He must have been ok with it b/c he rode home with her too...


At the game, I passed out party hats to the crowd.  We were wearing them when Darrin came out. The parents were such good sports & some even wore them during the whole game.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with them tailgating before the game :)


 After the game on Saturday, we celebrated Darrin's 37th birthday.  




Photo bomb...


After everyone left, we watched football for the rest of the day and then went to bed when we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore.  I looked at my phone as I crawled into bed and it was 9:45pm.  I would have guessed it was close to midnight.  We slept until 8:30 this morning which has probably happened less than 15 times in our entire marriage.  We are both early risers.  I guess we needed it.


Today was an ideal Sunday afternoon.  Church...home...Pizza Hut delivered...left over birthday cake...pouring rain....and football all.day.long.


By now you've figured out that I love TV....and I really have no shame in it.  It's my escape.  Some people read, I watch TV.  Tonight is another exciting premiere...hands down, my favorite show on TV.  This is my plug b/c I really need everyone to watch it so it doesn't get cancelled. 


Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I'm looking forward to the week ahead.  We are still in the 15 day stretch of being at home, with no traveling, so I'm happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment