Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

VBS & Pie In The Face

Miles & I have been hanging out at Vacation Bible School all week.  I was one of the four teachers for just the 3 year olds.  We had between 12-14 every night.  They had a blast.  VBS is so exhausting but I love it.  The kids have so much fun and I like hanging out with my friends too.  We did all kinds of fun things including a petting zoo, water games, a movie, music, bible stories, food & crafts.  I snapped a few pics with my phone...







 
 




 


This is our great group...


All week we had penny wars between the boys & the girls.  Depending on who won, there were 3 women or 3 men that would get pies in their faces.  This was announced to the kids on Tuesday and Miles has been talking about it nonstop since then.  He wanted no part of it.  A few conversations with Miles about the pie in the face...

M:  I don't like pie.
Me:  It's just a joke....it's for fun.
M:  I don't think it's funny.

Last night they passed out gummy snacks to everyone...
M:  If I take one will I get a pie in the face?

On the way home tonight after the pie in the face was over....
M:  God does not like pie.  They threw the pie and it was not a good decision.

Also on the way home...
Me:  What was your favorite thing about VBS?
M:  Nothing.
Me:  Why didn't you like anything?
M:  Because I don't like pie.

And there you have it...my child has an irrational fear of pie in the face.  I promised Miles that he did not have to watch it, and that I would take him outside while they did it.  I happened to be taking a child to the bathroom when it was about to go down.  As I walked out of the bathroom, my friend, Carrie, was walking towards me quickly with Miles.  I said, "Bathroom?"....and she said, "No, pie!"  So, I walked out to the lobby area and he stayed true to his word and did not watch.  Maybe we should start threatening him with pie in the face instead of spankings?????

No comments:

Post a Comment