Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Two More Rooms

Slowly but surely the house is coming together.  Two more rooms are finished. 

I was very excited to have a dining room in this house.  We had one in our last house, but it was forced to be the playroom due to lack of space.  Unfortunately I had no furniture for this room.  Darrin & I looked around but never found anything we liked.  It's hard when you live in rural west TN to find time to shop in bigger cities that have a better selection.  Rather than spending weekend after weekend driving around furniture shopping, I got my mom on the hunt. 

My only comments to her were that I wanted a medium stain, comfortable chairs, and it needed to seat six people.  The first picture she sent me was perfect.  I called and ordered it over the phone the next day without seeing it.  I think it made her nervous, but I knew if she liked it that I would too.  The set she found had a server with it & I think it fits perfectly in the room too.


The store didn't deliver to our area, so Darrin rented a Uhaul to go pick it up with his dad.  His mom went along for the ride too.  After it was all put together, I loved it even more than the picture.


I picked out the fabric for the curtains at Hobby Lobby and my mom made those for me too.  I love how it turned out & I'm so happy to have a dining room again. 


The other room that is semi finished, is the playroom.  I say semi b/c I eventually want to get curtains.  Right now, this will have to do.  I think it would be best to live with it for a year and experience all four seasons in this room before we buy anything.  I want to know how much we will actually use the room and what we need....heavy curtains to block out the sun or sheer curtains to let the light in.  I'm just not sure.

The room is surprisingly big and it took a few different configurations to get a set up that I like.  It looks so much better since I straightened it up.  I think Miles even likes it better b/c he's been playing in there a lot more.




That's all for now.  I hope to show some pics of the kitchen soon, which is the biggest change & my favorite room in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment