Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Since We Last Talked

Well....some of my reservations about vacation proved to be valid.  On my way to the concert on Saturday, Darrin called to let me know that his grandmother passed away.  I was the one driving and there wasn't anything we could do that night so I went on to the concert.  The first hour were spent making some tentative plans for the funeral & vacation via texts with Darrin, and then I made the most of the night.

We had a great time.  It was blazing hot until the sun went down, but we knew that when we bought our tickets for an outdoor concert in June, that started at 4:30pm. 

Me, Steph, and Shara Lynn...

Me & Stephanie...

 Stephanie really LOVES Tim McGraw...

....and loves Faith & Tim even more...

 Kenny Chesney is my favorite...

He put on a great show.  I'd say it's the best concert I've ever been to...



Some time during the night I received a text from Darrin that said:  "Ur son just used a glue stick as chapstick....he's fine....just humorous.  He learned a valuable lesson....he's seriously fine I just wanted to tell you"

That was funny.  The next text, not so much.  Again from Darrin: "OMG. I've been fighting it off but I really think I'm get sick.  Stomach queasy and have bad cold chills."

Oh great.  So at this point, I'm rethinking my so thought Herx reaction earlier in the week and wondering if I had the flu.  The symptoms are exactly the same.  I got home from the concert at 2am to find Darrin asleep on one couch and Miles asleep on another couch.  Darrin was burning up, so I got him some meds and sent him to bed in the guest bedroom.  Then I got ready for bed and Miles & I slept in my mom's bed since she was still out of town. 

Luckily Darrin felt better the next day.  He wasn't 100%, but he was ok.  We got ready for the day and loaded the car completely back up, so that when my mom got home we could leave Miles with her and head back for the funeral.  In the next couple of hours, we decided to stay in Nashville and drive Darrin's brother, who flew in from Florida, back with us.  So....unpack the car again.

My mom got home that afternoon.  At this point, Darrin's fever was back so he was sleeping and laying around.  My mom, Miles and I went outside to play in the yard with the water hose.  I got bit a few times by some bugs and started itching.....and then had an all out allergic reaction completely with red whelps randomly all over my body.  It's like the week that keeps on giving.  Lots of Benadryl and Calladryl, but I still woke up with it the next day.

To wrap this long post up, we left Miles with my mom on Monday morning...

....picked up Aaron at the airport, drove back to his parent's house to drop Aaron off, spent a few minutes with his mom, went to a walk in clinic where I got a steroid shot & 2 prescriptions to take away the mystery hives, unpacked our car at home, went to the visitation for his grandmother, went out to eat, and then back home to (watch the Bachelorette) sleep.  It has been a trying weekend for a compulsive planner.
 
Darrin and his cousins at the funeral home last night...
 Heather is pregnant...I love this picture...so funny...


So, the plan is....we are packing the car this morning for the hundredth time and going to the funeral at 10am.  We are leaving directly from the cemetery to drive to Florida.  We will still have two full days on the beach and then on to New Orleans to celebrate Jason & Christy's wedding, which we are so excited to do.  Tropical storm Debbie has been in Destin until now anyway so maybe our arrival will be perfect timing.  Darrin feels better and my hives are gone, so let's do this.  Hopefully I won't be back for a week.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment