Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

It's Vacation Time

We leave today for a jam packed vacation.  First up we are driving to my mom's house to spend two nights.  I am going to the Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw concert tonight with my friend, Stephanie, and her sister. 


Tomorrow Darrin, Miles, and I will hang out at my mom's, and then Monday morning Darrin and I head to Destin for 4 nights.  We leave Destin on Friday to go to New Orleans where Darrin will be in a wedding on Saturday.  Sunday my mom is graciously going to drive Miles back to our house so we can just drive home without going through Nashville.  As I said, a jam packed vacation. 

I am very much look forward to all of it, but have a few reservations.  Last Wednesday night I woke up in the middle of the night....very sick.  It was a terrible Herx reaction from upping my Lyme medicine, complete with a miserable headache, body aches, fever, and throwing up.  This was the worst, and longest lasting, Herx I have ever had.  I really thought I was going to loose it I felt so badly.  I could hardly even turn over in bed.  I missed work on Thursday and probably should have stayed home on Friday, but just couldn't afford to since I will be out all next week.  I feel much better today....here's hoping it lasts all the way through the concert.

Next, Darrin's grandmother is in the nursing home and not doing well.  She's been in the nursing home for a while now, and has had a few ups and downs with her health. She can't seem to turn the corner from where she is right now.  Darrin visited her yesterday, but it's obviously nerve racking leaving town while she is not doing well.



Next, Darrin and I will be leaving Miles for 6 nights, which we have never done.  He's staying with my mom, and I know he will be fine.  I worry about how much my heart will miss him.  I know it will be good for everyone, and trust me, I am really looking forward to spending time with Darrin, with our feet in the sand.  I will not be crying in the hotel room or anything, but I do know that it will be hard to be away from Miles for that long.

So there you have it...our whirlwind vacation.  With that said, when I return, things are going to have to change around here.  I think the pace I'm keeping lately is stopping the progress of my Lyme treatment.  My immune system is not building up, and in my opinion, it's b/c I run myself ragged.  And, I do it to myself.  So, I plan to do some thinking on vacation about ways to slow things down a bit.  I need to learn to say no more often.  I also need to learn to sit down on the couch instead of creating things to do around the house.  Lastly, when we have nothing to do on the weekend, I need to let it be instead of constantly planning things to do.  All of this will be much easier said than done, but it must happen.  Being so sick this week put things in perspective.  I couldn't get out of bed, much less play with Miles and enjoy my family.  It was a wake up call for sure.  In the meantime, I have a crazy week ahead, so I better get to it.  I'll be back in a week or so.  Hope everyone has a great week.

Random picture....Miles fell at daycare yesterday.  He said he was playing volleyball.




No comments:

Post a Comment