Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

He's Back

I blogged last week (here) about Miles' tantrums. I'm happy to report that we have not hit the terrible twos yet. My mom happened to question how long he'd been taking Singular for his allergies. He'd been on it exactly the same amount of time as he'd been screaming & crying over everything. Definitely a "duh" parent moment. We stopped giving it to him the next day and he's been fine since. Poor baby was miserably irritable. I can't explain what a different child he was for that week. It was like a switch was flipped.

Tonight he came home & ate a great dinner...parmesan chicken, broccoli, carrots, mashed potatoes, grapes, mandarin oranges & marshmallows.....played while I cleaned up....and took a bath where he played calmly (not screaming, crying, & throwing water everywhere). I bribed him with books to get him out. He laid sweetly while I clipped his nails and dressed him. The minute I put him down he said "books?". So we read one book after another for the rest of the night. After 45 minutes of books, he drank his milk and stumbled to his crib. Now this is the Miles I'm used to. Whew! Thanks Mom....I'm not sure when we would have figured it out.

And because I don't like to post without a picture....this is Miles' attempt to stay in the bathtub. The water is gone and his feet are purple, but he's hanging on for dear life.


No comments:

Post a Comment