Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Rough Week

It's been a rough week at our house. Dr. Bates says that the terrible twos really start at one b/c that's when the second year of life begins......and after the week we've had, I am a believer. Miles has started screaming & crying over everything. It starts in the morning. Any mention of getting dressed, leaving, daycare, etc....the meltdown is on. Usually he's fine once we get to daycare. However, this morning he went to pieces as I left. I later heard from his teacher that his crying stopped by the time I got to my car. Unfortunately I cried for the next hour. He cries a lot at night too. Bath time is a disaster. Amazingly bed time is still good. Knock. On. Wood.

It seems that we have one of two problems. One...He's spoiled and believes that screaming & crying is the way to get our attention. Two...He's learned our routine and doesn't want to be away from Darrin & me...like going to daycare or going to bed. I'm not sure which I think it is. I cried all morning b/c I thought he missed us. The more I've thought about it, I kind of think he's just spoiled. He gets so much of our attention (as it should be) and his needs are met without much delay.

All I know to do is to stay consistent and wait him out. Eventually he'll figure out that we aren't playing or he'll grow up. I really hope that we don't have many more mornings at daycare like this morning. Not fun & my heart can't handle it. I literally walked out of work at 5pm and sighed b/c it was finally the weekend. It's time to recharge mine & Miles' hearts. I'm not sure who needs it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment