Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Confession

I have a confession to make. I've been cheating on you all with Facebook. I am so very sorry. My love affair with Facebook started a couple months ago and I have grown quite fond of it. It all started when Miles' teacher sent a note home saying that the daycare posts pictures of the kids on Facebook. Years of holding out vanished at the thought of missing one precious picture of my little boy. At first I felt like I was posting the same stuff on both sites. Now, I'm trying to distinguish between stuff that is relevant for a quick Facebook post verses blog worthy material. Earth shattering....I know.

In all seriousness, it's just so much easier to post on Facebook with a one sentence caption. I will not abandon blogging so please don't give up on me. I've just kind of been taking a break. Darrin is in the middle of his season and we have been so busy. I'm either going to a game or taking care of Miles while Darrin is out of town or has a recruit in town. Busy, busy, busy. Also, now that Miles is all over the place it is a challenge to get good pictures of him. I used to take pictures daily. Now, it's so much work to keep him still....I only get the camera out once a week or so.

In other news, I've been working on organizing a gift wrapping station in my office. Towards the end of my pregnancy, my version of nesting was to hoard gift wrapping supplies. I think it started b/c I received so many gift bags at my baby showers. My friend, Brittanie, had just gotten married. She came up with the idea to trade some wedding bags for baby bags. Great idea, huh? Thus started the notion that I needed to be prepared to wrap any size gift, for any occasion, at all times. I stocked up on gift bags, wrapping paper, boxes, tape, gift tags, ribbon, tissue paper....like I was never leaving the house again.

In fairness to me, I do like to wrap presents. I like to make them as pretty as possible. For me, wrapping the present is as much fun as picking it out. With Christmas approaching, I wanted to set up a place in my office to keep all my stuff. I used stuff I had around the house b/c I didn't want to invest any money in this. If I decide I really like it, I might get all fancy with matching boxes and stuff.

These shelves were already in the office when we moved in. We used to have tons of framed pictures. The brown and red boxes contain bows, gift tags, and random craft supplies. The ribbon is hanging on empty wrapping paper rolls with a string through it. I would like to get something to put the wrapping paper in....something round like an umbrella stand but wider. I have to get something to keep Miles little fingers off of the wrapping paper.

Gift boxes on the left...then wedding bags....then any occasion bags...then baby bags...

There you have it....a glimpse into my mind. Exhausting but very well organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment