Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

This One

We will do anything for this one.....as proven yesterday.

Yesterday, we had to put Bobo to sleep. It was incredibly sad. I haven't blogged about it b/c I was hoping the situation would work itself out....but it didn't. Bobo was fine with Miles when he was first born b/c he didn't move or make noise. Since he has become active, Bobo has been very aggressive towards him. He went after him several times....never breaking the skin, but grazing it. We tried anxiety medicine (doggy Prozac) to no avail.

We chose to put him to sleep verses giving him to someone for two reasons. First, he was a very difficult dog to take care of. He wore a diaper and required special food that was very expensive. Those two factors, combined with the fact that he was 10 years old and not good with kids didn't make him a good fit for many people. We took care of him for ten years b/c we loved him. I just didn't think that someone else would be as willing. I was afraid that they would adopt him and then get rid of him when they realized how high maintenance he was. Second, and only dog/animal lovers will understand this, I couldn't stand the thought of him missing us. The vet agreed that we were making the right decision but it was gut wrenching. I cried my eyes out, and am about to as I type this.

Bobo was actually Darrin's dog before we started dating. Darrin was moving into an apartment and couldn't have a dog so he gave him to me. Then we started dating and the rest is history. Bobo was very special to us. Yesterday, I just kept thinking about Miles and repeating that I could/would do anything for him. Always will, no matter how hard it is.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jennifer. I am so sorry. You made me cry but I totally understand. The girls will be sad and I will not tell them, just dropped them off at Mark's so my waterworks were already going. Love you!

    ReplyDelete