Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Interrupt This Regularly Scheduled Program....

....to bring you something different than I normally post. I try to keep this blog very light and happy, and tend to avoid posts that are too personal in nature. I struggle with that sometimes b/c I want this to be a record/scrapbook for our family. However, I'm not up for airing to much info. I don't mind when it only concerns me, but when others are involved, I think twice. With that said, I feel the need to write about a recent happening...

Two weeks ago, the day after I wrote this, my Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. It came as a surprise b/c after discovering a mass in her lung, we were told it was pneumonia. The doctor ordered a few more tests just be sure, and the tests confirmed cancer. Yuck. She had surgery on Monday to remove the mass and to investigate further. After 3.5 hours of surgery, the doctor was confident he had gotten it all and that it has not spread. The cancer is stage 1B, which is very good news. She is recovering wonderfully, and has been a trooper dealing with the pain. Follow up chemo is questionable at this time.

I don't want to say too much and definitely want to respect her privacy. I just wanted to write all this to first say that our friends and family are amazing. My mom has wonderful friends, neighbors, and church members that have checked on her, and taken care of her, faithfully. I am so thankful since I can't be there continuously. Also my friends have been so good to me. Thank you all for the prayers, cards, gifts, visits, calls, texts, food and even visits to my Mom. You all are so good to me. This is the same feeling I had after my five, yes five, baby showers. Unspeakable gratitude. My heart is full.

Second, and most important....God is good. He is faithful to His children. He cares about every detail in our lives....from putting my dog to sleep....to pink eye....to my Mom having cancer....E-V-E-R-Y detail. He hears every word we speak and knows every thought we think. He cares for us. "When I am afraid, I will trust in You." ~Psalm 56:3~



Let us please talk about this picture. My mom does not like to have her picture taken. When I searched for a picture of just the two of us, I could only find two....this one and one at my college graduation when I graduated with my Masters. So, it was either a picture with a ridiculous graduation hat, or one where I am 8 months pregnant. Not sure why I thought eight months pregnant was the lesser of two evils, but it was. So Mom....I have news for you....when you get all better, there will be lots more pictures. Say cheese! I love you, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment